[SOLVED] How to grease AVC and Protechnic Magic fans?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2849646
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2849646

Hi guys,

I opened up my dell optiplex 390 today to clean out the three noisy fans. I managed to apply oil to the bearing of the case fan and it's virtually silent now. I wasn't able to access the bearings of the cpu fan (brand:AVC, model: DS08025R12U), nor was I able to access the bearing of the PSU fan (brand: Protechnic Magic, model: MGA8012XS-A20). Does any know how to oil these two fans from looking at pics or otherwise?

The CPU fan is still noisy but not worth the upgrade as it'd probably cost more than the machine is worth, so not keen to get a new one. It's slightly quieter than it was before with just dedusting..
The PSU fan is much quieter than before but wouldn't mind greasing it up if I can access the bearing (just dedusted).
The Case fan is amazingly quiet and i'm very happy! Saves me from having to buy a third party arctic/noctua fan!

@Remeca tagged in case you might be interested in this post. Apologies if you aren't.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2849646

this fan: DS08025R12U has started making an annoying sound again, grrr. Couldn't find any 80mm cpu cooling fans on amazon that are 80mm and non case fans. Can I use a case fan on the cpu or are they not suitable for cooling cpus?