How To Hack A Car Over The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Why doesn't ppl think this is another Gov/NSA sponsored project?
First they control your communications, and now they control your transportation.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
First they control your communications, and now they control your transportation.

Because that would be against the law so hard it would be high risk/little return. Seriously, if they wanted to get you, they have safer ways of doing so. (Like the police! jk)

Is it just me, or is it impossible to read this without reading it out loud in a "Merica" accent?

The government has no desire to kill off Americans buying cars. let alone new cars.
That American is either on entitlement programs so they need that person's vote, or that person actually works a decent enough job to afford a new vehicle and thus they desperately need that person to pay taxes to pay for all the entitlement programs.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012

Is it just me, or is it impossible to read this without reading it out loud in a "Merica" accent?

The government has no desire to kill off Americans buying cars. let alone new cars.
That American is either on entitlement programs so they need that person's vote, or that person actually works a decent enough job to afford a new vehicle and thus they desperately need that person to pay taxes to pay for all the entitlement programs.

And what happens when the productive person says They had enough and won't pay their taxes? An unexplained car crash. [tinfoil hat]

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

[Braking Nyoooz] Chrysler have announced that they will donate a brand new Jeep to Edward Snowden as a recognition of his work in revealing government spying.

Well, as far as transportation conspiracy theories... what I've heard, is... "if you build it, they will come". Listen in on some transportation meetings. Some of their bright ideas are changing traffic lights' timings to create more congestion to push people toward "greener" methods, especially public. They also come up with ideas like shutting down entire highway lanes to encourage public transit. Look up budgets for highway maintenance, and see how little actually goes to highways. Anyway, enough of that fun stuff I heard on AM radio while cruising to and from LA.

Anyone remember when Tom's Hardware taught us how to use a search engine to connect to and take over peoples' webcams? Man, those were the days. In my 20 or so minutes of freetime, I annoyed a home owner by moving his camera back and forth as he tried to correct it, and spied on a box of kittens. Where's the tutorial? /s

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I really don't think knee jerk legislation from Congress is a good idea. Hacking any network connected to the Internet is a possibility, especially networks that meet minimum regulations set by Congress. The good thing is that Fiat Chrysler Autos responded in a timely manner.
I live in San Diego. Our transportation authority is quite different than up north. Nearly all the transportation budget goes to expanding the highway system. There is little in the way of encouraging public transit even when its desirable by the citizens.
Still there is one thing thats not a conspiracy, and thats the traffic light timing. There are some cities that time the lights badly on purpose to keep someone in the city longer. Like the lights are green towards the middle of town, but then each light alternates red when you are heading out of town.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Well Just search C205 Mercedes coupe and then tell them that this has not been done before with back entry code deliberately put in.

Just remember folks, if someone in a suit comes and works on your car for free , it voids the warranty when the engine jumps out of the car in a fireball.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
Good grief, this is getting ridiculous! What's getting hacked next, a toilet?

By the way, my awesome cat hacked up 2 big hair balls today. Yup! My cat's a hacker! :p

Sooner or later someone will put wifi on a toilet so people can better monitor water usage or some other stupid Internet of Things reason.

It's not like there aren't already water heaters, central A/Cs, furnaces, and garage door openers with wifi connections.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

http://www.cnet.com/news/flush-with-your-smartphone-toilets-get-bluetooth/

Status
Not open for further replies.