Question how to i keep my hybrid drive spinning?

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
seagate 2tb hybrid drive. drives me nuts when it has to take a few seconds to spin up to access my data. i went into power settings and set to turn off hard drive on power never. unsure what else to do as i want the drive running all the time. i dont remember this type of delay when i had a 750 gig HDD installed. i wanted to up grade cheap and needed 2tb and i guess that was a bad idea.

this?

To stop or prevent the Hard Disk from going to sleep, click on the Battery / Power icon in the taskbar, and select More Power options. In the Control Panel windows which opens, select Change Plan settings for your current Power Plan. In the next window, select Change advanced power settings.

In the Power Options box that opens, click the + sign next to the Hard Disk option. Here you will see the required settings under Turn off hard disk after heading. Change the value to 0.

Click on Apply > OK and exit. This setting will prevent your hard disk from entering the Sleep mode.

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
i already have it set to never turn off. thats whats perplexing.

also now that i think about it, shouldnt i have more than a balanced choice. i saw screenshots that say power saver and high performance plans but they arent on my machine

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
rebooted tons of times since the drive install. for the fun of it i created new custom power plan 1 and set it again to never turn off. maybe this will kick in gear. i still find it weird the other default options werent on the power page