[SOLVED] How to Identify which component causes Hardware Error ?

galaxymark1994

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
Hello, I hope someone who can help me here, I've been experiencing BSOD for the last 3 weeks and finally get rid of it but this time, my pc keeps restarting randomly and this is the same error that shows under Reliability history.
How can I Identify which component causes it?
*I already replaced my RAM, SSD's(both SSD) but this time, I'm not sure anymore which one do i need to replace.
I appreciate any insight

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎14/‎12/‎2022 4:44 am

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: fffff9852ea936b0
Parameter 3: 40010000
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19045
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 13321

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VID_0000_PID_0000_REV_0000
Server information: 7bc8f386-bba2-493f-b23c-81358df9ab85

Solution
I didn't suspect the brandnew SSD cuz it's brand-new.

You do realize that not all hardware, in your case, M.2 NVMe SSDs, aren't created equal, right?

For example, here's price comparison between your 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD and two 500 GB Samsung M.2 NVMe SSDs,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/TwWfrH,w96qqs,fzYmP6/

Can you tell me, why 970 Evo Plus costs more than your drive? Or why 980 Pro costs double of what your drive costs? :unsure:

WD Green SN350 500GB NVMe

Very poor M.2 drive,
review: https://www.servethehome.com/wd-green-sn350-1tb-nvme-ssd-review/

Unfortunately, the poor warranty and exceptionally bad rated endurance, combined with a price that is not significantly below better...

lordsam_002

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
There seems to be a problem with your power delivery system. If there was a problem with your RAM or SSDs or any CPU or GPU related components the PC would not boot at all. But your PC boots up tells us that there is no problem with your core hardware components. Try using another PSU and see if it works. Also, try replacing the CMOS battery because it can sometimes cause timing errors which causes random restarts and boot loops.

galaxymark1994

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Also, are you using some sort of USB hub with(in) your PC?
I'm not using any USB hub or unusual devices, just bluetooth headphones, wired gaming mouse and kb.

It's a long story. Last October, I bought this WD Green NVMe to replace my heavy HDD. about a week later, i started getting BSODs with different error/stop code everytime. I didn't suspect the brandnew SSD cuz it's brand-new.
all troubleshooting is done, and finally, end up reinstalling Windows OS to NVMe and removing the 240GB M.2 SSD,
Other BSOD error goes away and is replaced by Whea_Incorrectable_Error BSOD constant stop code. done all troubleshooting, bought brand new RAM, same thing, tried reinstalling OS on my very old 120GB SSD and the BSOD is finally gone, and now replaced by these random restarts.
Also, I keep monitoring my Temperature if it's caused by overheating but it's not even reaching 60-65°C during gaming. one thing to take note of is, it's not restarting when I'm just browsing or at least not gaming.

Here are my System Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 (less than 3yrs)
Tecware Mirage 240mm AIO (less than 3yrs)
Aorus B450 Elite v1(less than 3yrs)
current: Kingston Fury Beast(non-RGB) 2x8GB 3200Mhz brandnew.
previous: PNY XLR8 3200Mhz 2x8
Aorus GTX 1060 Extreme Edition 6GB(about 4 years old)
Seasonic M12ii 520W 80+ Bronze(less than 3 years old) brandnew
Current: Kingston SSDNow 120GB(OS)(5 years) +1TB APACER brand new
Previous: WD Green SATA M.2 240GB( 2 years) + WD Green SN350 500GB NVMe brand new

galaxymark1994

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
There seems to be a problem with your power delivery system. If there was a problem with your RAM or SSDs or any CPU or GPU related components the PC would not boot at all. But your PC boots up tells us that there is no problem with your core hardware components. Try using another PSU and see if it works. Also, try replacing the CMOS battery because it can sometimes cause timing errors which causes random restarts and boot loops.
I'll try but I've been using this PSU(Seasonic M12ii 520w) with my build for quite some time now and never experience this issue, could a BSOD causes power failure in the long run? BSOD is been bothering me for weeks before this restarting issue happens.
well, at least I get rid of the BSOD after replacing my SSD.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't suspect the brandnew SSD cuz it's brand-new.

You do realize that not all hardware, in your case, M.2 NVMe SSDs, aren't created equal, right?

For example, here's price comparison between your 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD and two 500 GB Samsung M.2 NVMe SSDs,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/TwWfrH,w96qqs,fzYmP6/

Can you tell me, why 970 Evo Plus costs more than your drive? Or why 980 Pro costs double of what your drive costs? :unsure:

WD Green SN350 500GB NVMe

Very poor M.2 drive,
review: https://www.servethehome.com/wd-green-sn350-1tb-nvme-ssd-review/

Unfortunately, the poor warranty and exceptionally bad rated endurance, combined with a price that is not significantly below better competitors mean you should probably steer clear from this one.

-----

Seasonic M12ii 520W 80+ Bronze(less than 3 years old) brandnew

Your PSU isn't part of the M12II series, since only 400W and 500W units are within that series. What you most likely have, is M12II EVO series. Still, M12II-520 EVO is pretty good. At least it was back in 2013, when it was released.

What amazes me, is that you can still buy the old workhorse brand new. :heink: I guess there's some leftover stock, somewhere.

At current moment, M12II EVO series is both Discontinued and way too old for running any modern hardware. And reboots that you face, are most likely due to your old workhorse of a PSU.

I also had M12II EVO series PSU in use, with my Haswell build (full specs with pics in my sig), while mine is 850W unit. I had my M12II-850 EVO in service for 5 years, until i retired this trusty workhorse, back in 2020. For replacement, i bought Seasonic PRIME TX-650. :sol:

So, look into PSU replacement. Either the same, excellent quality PRIME unit as i got, or cheaper, but still good Seasonic Focus series unit. (I have Seasonic Focus PX-550 powering my old AMD build. Specs and pics in my sig. While my main build, Skylake, is powered by PRIME TX-650 as well.)

Solution