how to increase fan speed of my hyper 212 evo. guide me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013
iam not gonna overclock. the stock cooler use to run around 4000rpm but this hyper 212 is running around 1000rpm. is it required to speed it up ?? if so how ? iam new to this kinda high configuration system so plz guide me

processor AMD FX-8350
motherboard -asus m5A97 LE R 2.0
ram- corsair vengeance 8gb
graphic card-7750 ddr5
power supply -500 watt cooler master thunder .

case is CM 690 II Advanced.

cooler -hyper 212 evo

Solution
i just loaded up speedfan...

at idle but running for at least a few hours...

cpu: 37c
gpu: 48c
hdd: 27c
system: 30c
aux: 32c
local: 40c

keep in mind that i am still using the stock heatsink on an i7 and that i have a full tower case but low-volume low-noise fans.

i could likely get much lower temps if i had a better heatsink or added better fans (or had a case with a more open airflow design) but the temps i have are fine.

---

you however could benefit from some higher powered fans or an additional side fan.

some new boards run hot but i wouldnt want to push it past 60c (preferably numbers in the 40's if you can)
If you connected the cooler to the cpu fan header, the board will take care of its speed.

If you do want to make it go full speed, you can turn off q-fan in the bios, but I do not think you need to.

Simply put, the cpu coolers size and large fan allow it to cool FAR better with a lower fan speed(compared the the rather small/noisy stock cooler).

If you run a game or other stressful program, the fan should speed up as it needs to.

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I had a similar issue with my Asus board. You need to use the Asus probe utility to take care of the speed. Set to manual and set the RPM, or set using the customizations based on temps. I chose to keep it lower based on temps (min was 800 RPMs) . If it hits 45, 50, 55, the CPU fan speeds up accordingly.

Yes the bios has a setting also, but windows superceeds it with the built in app.

Likely you have it installed from the motherboard package/downloads with your m5a97.

Here is a overview - Note it doesn't look totally the same, but its a brief guide/snaps.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?836-AI-Suite-II-overview

It is easy to see IF you have that installed by looking for its services as well. I just disabled them for testing then got my settings the way I want in the bios, but left the Asus software on in case I needed in again.

4000 sounds right for stock because the fan also has a heat sensor built in that makes it control it self on top of board control.

Your fan is capable of 2000 RPM.
As you now know, high rpm's can be very noisy.
1000 rpm is about the point at which higher rpm's generate lots more noise.
I suspect your cpu is being adequately cooled, particularly since you are not overclocking.
You really do not NEED to do anything.
You can control the fan in the bios, or with an app depending on load or temperature.
Speedfan, a free app, will manage fan speeds, and display temperatures in the taskbar.
Personally, I like to hear a constant sound, not a varying one, so I just set my fans on a quiet setting. If the cpu warms up a bit, so be it; they are built to tolerate some heat, and will downclock to protect themselves if anything gets dangerously hot.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013
normal temperature without any load like as soon as i switch it on is 19C- 24 C.

15% load is 30C. 30 % load is 50C. outside climate temperatures are 40C room might be around 28C temperature.

iam worried about my mother board temperatures not cpu. my mother board touches 58 C with 15% load n hardrive 39C with 15% load. are those fine ? what shud i do to reduce my mother board temperatures m hard drive temperatures.

as stated earlier if you have the fan plugged into the cpu fan header the fan rpm will automatically ramp up under load.

if you think that is strange 9 years ago when i built an amd64 3000+ system the cpu fan using the stock heatsink wouldnt turn on for the first 20 seconds since it was sufficiently cool up until then. i didnt like that and was worried at first but everything was in perfect working order.

you're fine.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013

i dont know whether it is in cpu header or not . i asked the shop fellow to fix the things i dont knw wer he plugged the fan.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013
am worried about my mother board temperatures not cpu. my mother board touches 58 C with 15% load n hardrive 39C with 15% load. are those fine ? what shud i do to reduce my mother board temperatures m hard drive temperatures.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013

if i set things to manual from that software n put it to 1500rpm then will the fan speed up more than 1500 wen the temperatures go high ?????

and am worried about my mother board temperatures not cpu. my mother board touches 58 C with 15% load n hardrive 39C with 15% load. are those fine ? what shud i do to reduce my mother board temperatures m hard drive temperatures.

The job of the hyper212 is to cool the cpu, not the motherboard.
With a nice cooling case like yours, there is no reason your motherboard should get overly hot.
I might suspect that the readings of your motherboard temperatures are not correct.
The cpu and hard drive temps are nominal.
Do check that your case fans are spinning, and that the airflow is in the roper direction. Intake in front or bottom, and exhaust top/rear.
Try taking the side panels off and see if that makes difference.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013

all the fans are working perfect. i can see the rpm of the fans in speed fan also . all the fans are running around 1100-1200 RPM. and front i have 140mm blue led fan n top 120mm fan. in rear 120mm fan n bottom 120mm fan. all fans are of cooler master company. in which only 1 fan is not connected to motherboard(the bottom one ). rest all connected to motehrboard .

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013
i removed the side panel and with 3% cpu usage the temperatures are 19 C (cpu) 38C (motherboard) and 37C(hard drive ).

what are the temperatures of ur motherboard at this usage ?????

my graphic card with 10% usage is 42C and in speed fan software it shows it to be in red colour . what is the ideal readings for graphic card ???

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013

this is a new system purchased today

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

By Default the app will increase fan RPM as the CPU gets hotter. Its designed this way with default settings. If you want to set the RPMS to a fixed one, it'll only stay at the fixed RPM. As these guys mentioned, setting to max RPM of 2000 its super loud, and it is. This heatsink is meant to run low. Its not unusual to have it set to 600-800 by default, and increase based on the app settings.

What i did was customized the RPM speed to temp ratio. ie: i set the fan at 50% (800 rpms up to 40 degrees) as a base speed, and increased at 5-10 degree intervals... so as it gets hotter it'll speed up.

Play around with a little, It works good.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013
rear fan exhausting hot air . front fan is obviously taking in the air n top fan is obviously exhausting the air out . they are all fine n perfectly clean because i purchased this today .

My board at idle shows 42c and that is with an aftermarket(ok technically stolen from another board) heatsink on it.

Your fine.

Asus designed the board to keep it self cool enough. If you have room for a side fan it "may" help, but may also just hit the 212.

Again, you are fine, chipsets can take the heat for sure(all chipsets have a different temperature as well).

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

I use a 3570intel (non k) - I'm sure it runs a bit cooler than your CPU, hard to gauge.

I believe its normally 35 CPU, and 30-35 motherboard temp on idle (basic tasks) but like i mentioned, i set the CPU fan up to 50% as a base speed (800-1000 rpms or so), and cranked it up say if the system hit 40 degrees, and 45, and 50, then i spiked it to 100% if it ever hit 60 and so on. I just played with it till i was happy with "hearing" the fan, and having it work to spec.

Play with the config a bit, and see what makes sense for you. Google asus probe 2 usage, read up a bit.

I'm not in front of it, but i like my systems to idle around 35-40 ish, thats good enough. I only have 2 big corsair fans in there, so its relatively quiet. I probably should have 2 more case fans but i haven't seen a need yet.

Varun Reddy

Honorable
May 5, 2013

You just have to upload to to a website like imageshack.us ot tinypic.com then come here on the forum and enclose the url in IMG and /IMG tags

the IMG tags like all forum tags need to have [ and ] at the start and end,but doing that would make then go away.

SO....
Code:
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/sw3a5y.png[/img]

Makes

sw3a5y.png

i would not suggest setting a static value on the cpu fan like that other user has done. this is a very bad idea. you want the system to be able to regulate the fan speed to be able to increase cooling capacity if need be.

you could go with some higher rpm fans which move more air if you think the temperatures are a problem. you could also cut a hole in your case and add a side fan directly pointed towards the motherboard. this should lower temperatures a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.