How to increase range and reliability of wireless keyboard and mouse?

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015
I have a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse, but it only works if like 2 feet from computer, anything further and it gets unreliable, Logitech blames my mobile and tablet, but they are on my bed, about 10 feet away, would that be causing the interference?

So what I have to do, is use an extension USB cable, and plug the receive in there if I want to work on the balcony, less than 5 feet away...kind of defeats the purpose of wireless...

I've looked for wireless hubs, but can't really find anything.

How can I solve that? An antenna, a longer USB extension chord?

Here is the set:

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-mk240-Wireless-Combo-MK240/dp/B00CKJBPJE

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015

But my keyboard and mouse combo is WIFI, and it's the perfect size and love the feel, kind of has to be the same set...not other blue tooth sets suit my needs...

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015

I have a battery checker, the batteries are all fine, brand new energyzers

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Frustrating, to be honest my wireless Logitech setup probably has about the same range and it's frustrating, i use a dongle on the end of a 2 metre cable, i just havent bothered to try and fix it as its not got to the top of my priority list :)

I use a wired Mechanical on my primary PC but my Home Theatre has a wireless with a similar issue that i haven't bothered to address. Im think i may have gotten what i paid for and may buy something a little more well reviewed.

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015

Logitech is supposed to be the best...I also have a separate mouse with them with Unifying, does't work either, I don't think technology is capable, period. That might explain the absence of any wireless USB hub on the market?