How to increase RGB headers in Asus B450-F?

Nov 3, 2018
I am looking for a new setup with the Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard, which has 2 rgb headers, but besides that I chose other RGB parts compatible with Aura Sync, but the number of them is higher than the headers of the card, which do? I researched hubs and adapters, but I was afraid to toast the socket, is that possible?
If so, what should I do and / or buy? I look forward to your answers, and thank you in advance!

Specs with RGB:
Enermax Saberay RGB
G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2x8gb) RGB
Thermaltake Thougpower Grand 850W 80 plus RGB
Deepcool Captain 240ex RGB
3x Deepcool Fans RGB

You can use splitters as well on the RGB headers. There are also RGB fans that use a controller. Those are generally powered by a 4-pin Molex connector from the PSU. But they do vary depending upon the manufacturer.

I would limit fans to three per header and under 2 amps on the RGB header and under 1 amp on the fan headers. Otherwise use a powered controller or hub.

Nov 3, 2018
I tried to use quote, but without success..

First of all thanks for the answer, but with it comes another question that I already had: are these powered controllers compatible with Aura Sync, or only with the original software? My intention is to use only the Aura Sync itself!

As for example this fan kit, which comes with a controller (apparently powered by a Sata cable), shouldn't bring me problems, right?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-856-103

Some of the branded RGB controllers are listed as compatible with Asus Aura. Here is a list of manufacturer compatible accessories.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html

For example there is a list of cooling fans that are compatible. Select "cooling" and then "case fans" from the menu for the list of compatible RGB fans.

There are other RGB fan kits that include fans and controller hubs (like NZXT, Cooler Master and Corsair). Some are described as compatible with Asus Aura and some aren't.

The linked Deep Cool probably is OK. Deep Cool is one of the listed accessory manufacturers in the Asus Aura link above.

Nov 3, 2018
There are other RGB fan kits that include fans and controller hubs (like NZXT, Cooler Master and Corsair). Some are described as compatible with Asus Aura and some aren't.

The linked Deep Cool probably is OK. Deep Cool is one of the listed accessory manufacturers in the Asus Aura link above.
I just found another problem, knowing that controllers usually use 5V headers to work, and this motherboard (as well as the others I found from Asus) provide 12V at these outputs! And now?

Use leds is complicated my God.. lmao xD

There is no standard for RGB controllers. Some use a SATA connector and some use a 4-pin Molex to power the controller or hub.

Most RGB headers are based on 4-pin fan headers. Those are 12 volt. The Asus RGB fan headers are 2 amp as opposed to the 1 amp on the regular fan header. As far a I know that the only major difference.

Nov 3, 2018
Would that be a good combination then?
Mobo Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming with the SilverStone LSB01 Controller?

In the video do they explain about the drivers? Well I don't understand English very well, just for texts, sometimes with help from translators... So much difficulty, since there is nothing related in my language! But I keep trying.. Lmao

Nov 3, 2018
The biggest problem is that there is still a lack of content related to this in my country, there are few that have the conditions of these addressable technologies (it is still quite expensive), and the few that haven't reach the limit of motherboard headers!

Nov 3, 2018
But for the little that you sought about it now, or if you had knowledge before (I don't know), what do you recommend me? Well, I've never been able to do it before, and now that opportunity has come, I don't want to throw money in the trash with pieces that will not serve me, do you understand? But I found it hard to find a full compatibility, but it looks like this will work!

ROG B450-F
Silverstone LSB01 for RGB components

You mentioned drivers. So it occurred to me that you may need some help. This is the Asus Aura software.

Version 1.06.95
2018/09/11 93.93 MBytes

Aura v1.06.95
Add support for latest Aura Sync Asus, ROG and partners’ products
Improve software stability for Windows 10 64-bit

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.06.95.zip

This is the Asus B450-F latest BIOS.

Version 1001
2018/10/1 98.17 MBytes

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 1001
Improve system performance and stability.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING-ASUS-1001.zip