how to install a wifi driver?

pasha1990

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
intalled new windows on my laptop, i dnt have my drivers. so, first i need to know how to install wifi driver

enderpoop

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Your best bet is to manually install the drivers, i wouldn't trust any third party program for this seeing as it's an easy enough task.
First, go to the laptops manufacturers website.
There'll be a drivers sub section, most of the time in the support section.
Enter the laptops model, model number or anything else you can find as long as you find the laptop you're using.
Download the right type of driver, if you have 32-bit windows, download the 32-bit driver (unless it's compatible with both 32 and 64-bit)
When it's downloaded install it, sometimes you have to install the driver, this creates the folder path and you have to run the install again.
Reboot if you need to and hey presto!
If the manufacturers website isn't of any help you can go search for the driver number in google.
To find this click start, right click my computer, click properties and then open the "device manager"
Find the network driver, right click it, go to properties, click on the details tab and under that where it says device description, select hardware id's.
Pick one of the id's and search for it in google.
Only ever download the driver itself, not a program that scans and updates them for you.