how to install CM hyper 212 evo on lga 1150 cpu

Pc_Noob_7

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
I just bough a hyper 212 evo and I need help installing it. Which way should the fan be facing? Should it pull or push? it does not matter which way cooler Is facing because it does not touch the ram. I also only have one fan on the back of my case pulling air out if that helps. I also want to ask if I can get a stable 4.00 on my CPU with my computer. First build so bare with me.
My Specs
"""""""""""""
CPU: Pentium G3258
Mobo: MSI H81M-E33 Micro atx
Ram: 8gb
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition (no psu)
CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo

Tell me if you need any more info. Thanks

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Since you only have the one exhaust fan, you'll want the new fan on the front side of the heatsink, so it'll blow air through the heatsink towards the back where the hot air will be picked up by the exhaust. Air direction is usually an arrow on the fan, or failing that, the ugly side goes towards the heatsink.

For as much as the hyper212 is a great budget cooler, it can sometimes be a real pain to install. Watch some different videos, read some guides, get a good idea of what you are getting into. It can be installed either with the mobo in case, or out of case, depending on your level of manual dexterity.

Do make sure to clean any and all old thermal paste off the cpu. This is an important step. There are guides for this too. Use a minimal amount of new paste, only a grain of rice sized dollop, too much will only worsen heatsink performance. There are guides on this as well.

Hope that helps some, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.