How To 

How to install ExpressCache on ASUS

After having some issues reinstalling ExpressCache on my ASUS K551LN after a fresh Windows install, I thought I'd share what I learned about it.

Tested on ASUS K551LN (SanDisk SSD 24GB) Windows 7 Ultimate x64. The drivers I provide here are the same that came on my notebook, and the same that I used on the proccess.

1. Install Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers.
[link removed, download from intel website]

2. Install ExpressCache drivers.
[link removed, download from intel website]

3. Open the console (Start Menu > Run > cmd) and type diskpart.

4. list disk

5. select disk #
[where # is the number of the SSD disk]

6. clean

7. exit

8. Now move to the directory where ExpressCache is installed. in my case, cd C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\

9. Type ECCmd -info to check the status. Mine said "HFS volume not mounted", so there's one extra step.

10. Go into Services and stop the ExpressCache service (Start Menu > Run > services.msc)

11. Once stopped, return to the console (or open a new one) and type ECCmd -partition #
[where # is the number of the SSD disk, the same in step 5]

12. If you type ECCmd -info, you should see it running. If you don't, restart and it will be there.

Hope this helps!
C++:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2019
I get an ERROR in command! My drive 0 has 4 partitions and my primary drive is partition 4. So I guess expresscache is on the 4th partition of the drive installed. How can I get it installed there when # is the number of the DRIVE? I get ERROR 0x18. So how am I able to fix that problem to be able to do what you've explained above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS