[SOLVED] How to install HDD drive into a case with no drive cage ?

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I'm new to PC building and I've just realized that my case doesn't have any drive cage but I want to install a HDD for more storage. Is there any way to install the HDD ?
(Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker)

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, I'm new to PC building and I've just realized that my cage doesn't have any drive cage but I want to install a HDD for more storage. Is there any way to install the HDD ?
Hello!
You don't necesserily need a drive cage, but if you install the HDD you need to make sure it can work without moving because the vibrations can hurt the HDD. The HDD has to be bolted just so no damage occurs. If you don't move your PC, just put it on the bottom of the cage and secure it with tape, but this would be a temporary solution.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Hi, I'm new to PC building and I've just realized that my cage doesn't have any drive cage but I want to install a HDD for more storage. Is there any way to install the HDD ?
Hello!
You don't necesserily need a drive cage, but if you install the HDD you need to make sure it can work without moving because the vibrations can hurt the HDD. The HDD has to be bolted just so no damage occurs. If you don't move your PC, just put it on the bottom of the cage and secure it with tape, but this would be a temporary solution.

Reactions: Beafort
Solution
Nov 27, 2020
Hello!
Thank you so much for the reply, I think I can go with tape but how should I tape it so that it doesnt make much noise and is it ok to put it directly onto the bottom of the case or should i put it on a tray first ?

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply, I think I can go with tape but how should I tape it so that it doesnt make much noise and is it ok to put it directly onto the bottom of the case or should i put it on a tray first ?
You're welcome!
I think a tray would be best if you can, double sided tape will do or if you don't have any, just roll some regular tape so it becomes double sided. Tape the front of the HDD where you see the brand and info.