How to install new GPU and disable on board graphics?

notthatez

Commendable
May 11, 2016
Hello guys,
I am going to install my new GPU into my PC, and am wondering which order I am supposed to do everything?? Is this the correct order to do everything in?

-Turn pc on
-Download new drivers for GPU
-Reboot into BIOS
-Change primary graphics to PCIE
-Turn PC off
-Put the GPU in the PC
-Boot into windows
-Install drivers

Solution
Honestly, if you got a new gpu it should come with drivers but even if it doesn't you really shouldn't have to worry, computers are pretty smart about that sort of thing,
turn your comp off,
unplug it,
insert gpu,
plug in monitors and comp,
turn on,

the computer should recognize that it's a new and different gpu and will inform you that you require drivers, it should offer to find the proper ones you need online.

but incase it doesn't just go to your gpu's website where they should have a drivers tab for all of their available drivers.

(This is only from personally experience knowledge from upgrading my graphics cards over the years. i've never had to deal with switching things over in bios)

I hope this information helps you...

Wikkedly

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Honestly, if you got a new gpu it should come with drivers but even if it doesn't you really shouldn't have to worry, computers are pretty smart about that sort of thing,
turn your comp off,
unplug it,
insert gpu,
plug in monitors and comp,
turn on,

the computer should recognize that it's a new and different gpu and will inform you that you require drivers, it should offer to find the proper ones you need online.

but incase it doesn't just go to your gpu's website where they should have a drivers tab for all of their available drivers.

(This is only from personally experience knowledge from upgrading my graphics cards over the years. i've never had to deal with switching things over in bios)

I hope this information helps you.
In the chance that it doesn't ( or even if it does) please let me know an i will do all that i can to help you until you are happy.

Good luck
~Wikkedly

Solution

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
all u need to do it push in ur video card to ur slots power it up with the right power connectors plug whatever monitor ur using. Power it up till it boots to ur OS start screen it will be flickering a bit but get into ur update panel run updates it should load ur updated drivers either amd or intel easy as all i do no issues

notthatez

Commendable
May 11, 2016

Thanks! I will try that and if it doesn't work, Ill get back to ya. If it doesn't work my reply will be in a few days as I haven't yet got the gpu just waiting for it to come :)