Question How to install or update Drivers using Command Prompt in Windows 11 ???

Jan 2, 2023
Does anyone know how to do this? I somehow uninstalled or deleted the -
AMD Chipset software,
AMD Software,
Realtek Audio Driver,
RAIDXpert2 Management Suite,
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver,
Microsoft Edge,
Microsoft Edge WebView2 Ru,
Microsoft OneDrive
BSOD Mode now I only have access to the Bios Menu, Ive already tried using a brand new nvme m.2. and reinstalling Windows 11 didn't work still in boot loop. Ive tried moving the RAM, M.2, CPU & GPU to a brand new Motherboard (MSI B650 Edge) installed Windows 11 still same boot loop, Then I put everything back on original Motherboard (Asrock Steel Legend X670E) but I installed brand new RAM with AMD EXPO profiles I did not enable any profiles I left them at stock speeds. this time Windows 11 did install but still goes into the BSOD. But now I have access to the Windows Recovery Menus I've already tried to remove all files and reinstall with same results, I've tried Let Windows fix or repair, Windows can't repair, tried restore point, have no restore points. Too me it looks like my last option before I drop it off with the professionals is to try to update the drivers & Chipset using Command Prompts, Which I have access too, but I have no clue how to use for this task. I am a Novice this is my first PC Build. Any help from the ones that really know.

Just a note It ran great for 10 days playing multiple games on steam at all ultra or high settings. this all happened after I tried to remove and reinstall Windows 11 because I wanted to start over from scratch with the downloaded programs I had a bunch of stuff I didn't need and wanted to do a fresh install and only install the apps I really needed. Resulted in blue screen of death

Ryzen 9 7900X CPU
Asrock Steel Legend X670E MOBO
Asrock OC 7900XT 20GB PG GPU
WD Black 1TB SN850 M.2 (Originally Installed )
WB Black 2TB SN850 M.2. ( Brand New ) Only This One is Installed Now
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5200Mhz 32GB RAM with Intel XMP Profile ( Originally Installed ) worked fine the first 10 Days.
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 6000Mhz 32GB RAM with AMD EXPO Profile ( Installed now )
Corsair RM Series RM850 White PSU
Corsair ICUE H150i Elite LCD Capellix CPU Cooler
Asrock Bios Version 1.14.AS06

Last edited:
RAIDXpert2 Management Suite,
Of the list of things you un-installed, that's probably the only thing that can cause Windows to become non-functional. Windows will install compatible default drivers for everything else, but if RAID drivers are removed incorrectly...well, that's catastrophic. Maybe there's someone expert enough to talk you through a fix but you have to realize a RAID array splits system files between different volumes (disks) to accelerate performance. It's little more than a useless layer of complexity in an era of super-fast NVME's...especially for a PCIe gen 5 capable motherboard.

I'd suggest to you the only fix is to do a clean Windows 11 install.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgd1101
Jan 2, 2023
Of the list of things you un-installed, that's probably the only thing that can cause Windows to become non-functional. Windows will install compatible default drivers for everything else, but if RAID drivers are removed incorrectly...well, that's catastrophic. Maybe there's someone expert enough to talk you through a fix but you have to realize a RAID array splits system files between different volumes (disks) to accelerate performance. It's little more than a useless layer of complexity in an era of super-fast NVME's...especially for a PCIe gen 5 capable motherboard.

I'd suggest to you the only fix is to do a clean Windows 11 install.
I've tried several times after I still get the BSOD

I've tried several times after I still get the BSOD
Is this a true clean install? One that deletes all existing partitions from the boot drive and recreates them?

Have you reset CMOS? The purpose is to ensure only fully compatible default settings are being used. Another way to do it is to use a Load Optimized Defaults setting in BIOS to do just that, but resetting CMOS is usually pretty easy since it's done with the computer turned off.

Jan 2, 2023
Is this a true clean install? One that deletes all existing partitions from the boot drive and recreates them?

Have you reset CMOS? The purpose is to ensure only fully compatible default settings are being used. Another way to do it is to use a Load Optimized Defaults setting in BIOS to do just that, but resetting CMOS is usually pretty easy since it's done with the computer turned off.
YES, I cleared the CMOS removed the battery used the jumper pressed the power button updated to the newest bios saved default settings still same boot loop also reset the time & date to correct time & date in the Bios

YES, I cleared the CMOS removed the battery used the jumper pressed the power button updated to the newest bios saved default settings still same boot loop also reset the time & date to correct time & date in the Bios
Sounding more like a hardware error of some sort if it's boot-looping during POST.

If it's boot looping when it's trying to load Windows it's because the Windows installation is corrupt. A clean install should fix that.

Jan 2, 2023

YES, selected the removed all files option

USAFRet

Titan
YES, selected the removed all files option
That is not a full clean install.

Boot from a Win 10 install USB.
As the install continues, DELETE all existing partitions
Continue.

Jan 2, 2023
That sounds more like an attempt to repair Windows. There is no repairing a broken RAID setup (that I'm aware of at least). You have to clean install Windows and recover user files from backups.

Use the clean install instructions linked above...chose options to delete PARTITIONS and re-create them.
do this on Windows 10 instead of Windows 11?

Jan 2, 2023
I've reached that point on windows 11 but after I select my drive delete it and next to install after I still go into the boot loop
That sounds more like an attempt to repair Windows. There is no repairing a broken RAID setup (that I'm aware of at least). You have to clean install Windows and recover user files from backups.

Use the clean install instructions linked above...chose options to delete PARTITIONS and re-create them.
should I be trying to do this on windows 10?

because the link you sent me is for windows 10. I have Windows 11
Ahh...maybe a bit of a mixup...try this instead:

Jan 2, 2023
Ahh...maybe a bit of a mixup...try this instead:

So, Yes I've done this clean install it all goes great until I get up to the lets connect to a network after I connect to the network and click next it starts the boot loop

So, Yes I've done this clean install it all goes great until I get up to the lets connect to a network after I connect to the network and click next it starts the boot loop
It probably will do that some since it's downloading updates. It needs to restart to load them up and may do it several times.

One thing to try is not connecting to a network (no interconnect cable attached/WiFi turned off). Does it install completely and let you boot up and land in Windows?

Jan 2, 2023
It probably will do that some since it's downloading updates. It needs to restart to load them up and may do it several times.

One thing to try is not connecting to a network (no interconnect cable attached/WiFi turned off). Does it install completely and let you boot up and land in Windows?
I don't have an internet cable long enough to reach it
I also just tried to do another clean install from usb after selecting the usb went immediately blue screen
now it is just circling on the asrock logo screen 5 min now first time doing this that long

Jan 2, 2023
Micro center said the cpu was defective, I changed it to a new 7900x and windows 11 installed and is now working with the exception of sound now I have no HDMI sound only video. tried everything to get the sound working with no luck. I would not recommend AM5 or AMD or Windows 11 to anyone. worst experience to date