Question How to Install RAID controller to a fresh machine

orgamisho

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
Hello, I am building a new machine which I'will be using as home server. I am using HP EliteDesk 705 G2 SFF as base and I've attached LSI SAS 9200 8i RAID controller card to mobo and connected 2 HDDs as well.

The problem is that when I boot the PC, I don't get RAID controller configuration screen before BIOS loads as I've seen on some tutorials and I can not find a way to configure my RAID to proceed with OS installation after this.
I've already tried to touch some BIOS settings with no success, tried changing PCIe ports (the controller's leds are turning on by the way) and I am out of ideas.
I've read HP's manual for adding external RAID controller, but there is only info about how to set the drives and cable management basically.

I am afraid it might be something BIOS version or controller firmware related, but I consider this blind guessing and I prefer to hear another opinion from someone with experience in order to proceed my project.

I'll be thankful for any advice and will provide any additional info if needed!

Just boot up the computer and watch the screen, during the wall of text as it boots it will say something like hit crtl + c or something along those lines to enter the raid card.

Once inside you will be able to setup the two drives into whatever config you want.

orgamisho

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
Here is a video of my boot sequence. There is no (visible) prompt excep CTRL+R which appeared after I enabled RAID settings in BIOS and as far as I've read this is somehow an integrated raid controller of the motherboard but not the controller I've installed. I am entering the CTRL+R menu later in the video but no disks/arrays are found.

View: https://youtu.be/C4tfq01SIdw

TRENDING THREADS