News How to Install Windows on Steam Deck

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Excellent article. Valve could have offered an advanced version but, as we know, they're against the very platform that made them most of their lovely cash.
An alternative might be to buy a second hand OneXPlayer.

Mar 2, 2022
So... Angry linux user here. I'll start with what? Kde plasma is simplified console experience? You can run epic games and gog games normally with proton or wine. I recommend heroic games launcher so you can have them stored on sd card. Windows is simplified and for primitive people

Mar 1, 2022
I just need to tinker as much as I can before the Return window closes on the SDeck
Carful planning is needed…

Awev

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
I can't help but think GPart to partition the SSD, and resize the partitions. Install Windoze 10. Do a bios boot and select the SteamOS desktop. Now install a boot manager. Game over, um, I mean, let the gaming begin.

ROOT#

Prominent
Nov 29, 2021
So... Angry linux user here. I'll start with what? Kde plasma is simplified console experience? You can run epic games and gog games normally with proton or wine. I recommend heroic games launcher so you can have them stored on sd card. Windows is simplified and for primitive people
Stating you are linux user and calling other high percentage of people "primitive " show how unintelligent person you are.

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for showing me how to tinker with the Deck and Windows….
I would feel safer with instructions firstly for a backup for the Steam Deck OS however

I wonder about Win11 without the Official 'Supported' mode now, people are still able to use it on incompatible PC's so far and all it currently needs is to patch the iso/registry to ignore TPM's 🤔

A lot of Windows 10 Drivers work with Windows 11, right?

A lot of Windows 10 Drivers work with Windows 11, right?
Anything, not only drivers, from windows 7 and later is compatible as long as the dev hasn't screwed something up in a really huge way, and I'm only saying that because I never rule out some catastrophic failure, it shouldn't be possible to screw something up that hard.