Question How to know if any GPU has SLI regardless of performance/price

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. Out there I know there are many "rip-off" cards and old cards that may be considered by many too slow now to keep up with new titles and further titles (games) that will be released however as far as I understand Nvidia SLI allows GPUs to "work together" on whatever you are doing. Now I could use PCPartpicker or constantly verify if these GPUs have SLI capability however not every site (not many) show this thus there could be many cheap Ebay/Wish GPUs that have this capability that I might otherwise miss out on.
Are there any obvious signs that a GPU would have SLI capabilities? (And yes I have used PCPartpicker to ensure I get a motherboard that will support SLI)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi. Out there I know there are many "rip-off" cards and old cards that may be considered by many too slow now to keep up with new titles and further titles (games) that will be released however as far as I understand Nvidia SLI allows GPUs to "work together" on whatever you are doing. Now I could use PCPartpicker or constantly verify if these GPUs have SLI capability however not every site (not many) show this thus there could be many cheap Ebay/Wish GPUs that have this capability that I might otherwise miss out on.
Are there any obvious signs that a GPU would have SLI capabilities? (And yes I have used PCPartpicker to ensure I get a motherboard that will support SLI)
Very few modern boards will support SLI it's dead mainly only used these days for workstations where you need a ton of power, not for gaming.

Your average consumer boards would only run SLI in X8 mode and most cards no longer even support it.

Even the newer games don't benefit from SLI it was a thing like 6 or 8 years ago with limited support and very poor scaling.