Question How to know if dual channel or single

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
I have 2gb ddr3 pc310600U 1333mhz im going to buy another 1333mhz pc10600 2gb stick is this going to run dual channel or single. My pc cant be turned on yet. So i cant check they are both same speeds 1333mhz so will it

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Running dual channel depends on your motherboard - not necessarily the RAM modules.
  • If it is a dual channel board, then you simply install the RAM modules in the slots as per your motherboard manual and it will run dual channel.
  • Also word of warning, mixing RAM modules is not guaranteed compatibility, so there is no guarantee your new module will work with the old.
For example, a dual channel architecture motherboard, with 4 RAM slots, will have 2 slots dedicated to each channel. You just have to install the RAM in the corresponding channels (your motherboard manual will tell you which RAM slots to use first).

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Running dual channel depends on your motherboard - not necessarily the RAM modules.
  • If it is a dual channel board, then you simply install the RAM modules in the slots as per your motherboard manual and it will run dual channel.
  • Also word of warning, mixing RAM modules is not guaranteed compatibility, so there is no guarantee your new module will work with the old.
For example, a dual channel architecture motherboard, with 4 RAM slots, will have 2 slots dedicated to each channel. You just have to install the RAM in the corresponding channels (your motherboard manual will tell you which RAM slots to use first).

My mobo is msi h61 and it got 2 ram slots
Definently should is dual channel board

TRENDING THREADS