Question How to know if the laptop can charge the battery?

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
I have a Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4146KL - it currently has Linux Ubuntu 22.04 installed.
The original battery passed away, I tried to buy a compatible/equivalent battery - but it is not certified.
The point is, the tested battery to be buy it does not charge completely. Practically nothing. 30 minutes can passed and the battery does not pass the 5%.

According with the seller, it could be that the mobo is damaged just for this role. Therefore it can't charge the battery.
The seller does not have a certificated battery to test it. The laptop currently works directly through direct electric power and all work fine.

How to know if the laptop can charge the battery? I want discard if the mobo has that malfunction or not due a hardware issue by itself

Should I test yes or yes with a certificated battery? ... I would be happy if the problem is with the battery not certificated itself.
Of course, the certificated is more expensive, it has a cost of US$60 here in my country, and the not certificated the half of the price