[SOLVED] How to know router's ethernet length signal capacity

Feb 6, 2022
searching on the internet all I can find about ethernet is a common 100meters maximum and 55meters for cat6 if above 1Gbps

In my case, it's only 800Mbps, and my longest connection is through an only 60 meters cat6 cable.

But, I'm connecting my gateway, an archer ax73, to another router, an archer c6, and a friend told me these routers could be limited to 15 meters only due to its voltage. Is that true? Is there anyway to boost my signal? How do even measure a routers distance capacity to send its signal?

Best,
Tony

Solution
searching on the internet all I can find about ethernet is a common 100meters maximum and 55meters for cat6 if above 1Gbps

In my case, it's only 800Mbps, and my longest connection is through an only 60 meters cat6 cable.

But, I'm connecting my gateway, an archer ax73, to another router, an archer c6, and a friend told me these routers could be limited to 15 meters only. Is that true? Is there anyway to boost my signal? How do even measure a routers distance capacity to send its signal?

Best,
Tony
Your friend is wrong. Any ethernet can run 100M at 1GE with quality cat5e or better cabling.
Your friend probably bought cheap or fake cable. Too small wire gauge, CCA (copper clad aluminum) or just...

kanewolf

Titan

But, I'm connecting my gateway, an archer ax73, to another router, an archer c6, and a friend told me these routers could be limited to 15 meters only. Is that true? Is there anyway to boost my signal? How do even measure a routers distance capacity to send its signal?

Best,
Tony
Your friend is wrong. Any ethernet can run 100M at 1GE with quality cat5e or better cabling.
Your friend probably bought cheap or fake cable. Too small wire gauge, CCA (copper clad aluminum) or just fraudulently made.

Reactions: Antonio Farias
Solution