how to know the maximum available speed of a download link

Aug 18, 2018
if you search such a thing in interbet you will see lots of sites that test YOUR internet speed acording to your isp and plans you have bought but i want something else i couldnt find out in internet i would be thankfull if anyone knows anything
i want to know what is the highest speed of a specific download link which refers to its server for example if i have a regular speed of 100kbps it will download in 100kbps but what if i had a speed of 100Gbps?
will that file be downloaded with 100Gbps or lower which that lower speed that is for instance 65Gbps is the maximum limit of that server download speed
thanks

Solution

You can't know. That is their equipment and their connection.
And it can change from minute to minute, based on load. And change from place to place. And change due to file type. And a whole host of other considerations.

USAFRet

Titan

You can't know. That is their equipment and their connection.
And it can change from minute to minute, based on load. And change from place to place. And change due to file type. And a whole host of other considerations.

Solution
What does it good to know, if u not paying for it? Ultimate bandwidth is known to the ISP and that's a need-to-know info for them, they have no obligation to divulge that information. One can guess if it's a CAT copper cable, is capable of carrying up to 10 gig, if it's fiber, much higher.