Question How to light up features of case, like RGB strips/LED strips or LED logos for example? Do I use an RGB controller? Don't have a rgb header, thx.

firechuchu

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018
So for a while I've been trying to find a way to light up the front case fans and the LED strip on the sides of my Gamdais Talos M1 Case, The fans won't spin either so I'm not exactly sure what to do. Could it be because this motherboard doesn't have an RGB header? also would i plug in the front case fans (in order to light them up and make them spin) in the motherboard or in an RGB controller? I heard that rgb controllers control lights of RGB AND fans. i've always been good with PC's but this has been a problem I kind of ran into especially now when I have tried this out. My specs are below, thanks. The coolermaster cooler apparently has an rgb controller than i can press some bttons on but i have to hook it up to one of the PSU plugs in a weird way. Tell me if you need pictures like I said, I'll provide them from imgur since I have seen on this site that people use it so that's what I'll use, and then I'll get back

Case: Gamdais Talos M1 (used) (no external accessories besides screws I used)

Cooler: Coolermaster G100M

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz Sandy Bridge

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H67-M PRO (LGA1155)

Dell S2716DG (2560x1440@59Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (PNY) 88 °F

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 ATA Device (SATA )
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 ATA Device (SATA )

If there's anything that I need to buy like RGB controller/splitter I'm fine with that, thanks again. Oh, also the controller (I assume) on the back of the case on the top left, one of the plugs broke because I kept pulling on it so it was my fault but yeah I learned that the hard way and I think it's of one of the front case fans or the front IO panel where the logo, RGB strip, and the gamdais logo are.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The case fans should have at least 1 3 pin wire coming from each fan. Those wires should plug into your motherboard into any available fan port. If they are RGB controllable there should be a second 4 pin wire, that needs to go to a controller (since your motherboard does not have RGB control).

If these things are not plugged in nothing is going to work.