Question How to make stream quality better

Autocon487

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
I'm using Streamlabs OBS. I already setup most of the setting properly to have a well working stream. What im lacking is the quality of the stream. Every time I watch my own stream on my phone, tablet, or PC, (to test and see how my stream looks) it still looks blurry (and somewhat dark and saturated which idk why either). Im not sure what is the correct settings to make make the steeam have a quality video.

Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7 quad lumi
GPU: Gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 g1 6gb
mobo: AX-370GAMING-K5
RAM: TridentZ DDR4 3000mhz 2x8gb
PSU: Corsair RM750x

mtracy1991

Reputable
Post up your OBS Settings. Also, as a streamer myself it differs per person when streaming. I get massive amounts of freezes on my laptop and it runs smooth on my mobile and viewers experience the same thing. Question for you, when you are running a stream through OBS, what are the mb/s at the bottom right hand corner of OBS? You may have the set the limit to like 2200 MB/s and work from there to make the stream better since it maxes out at 3000 mb/s I believe?

Autocon487

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
Post up your OBS Settings. Also, as a streamer myself it differs per person when streaming. I get massive amounts of freezes on my laptop and it runs smooth on my mobile and viewers experience the same thing. Question for you, when you are running a stream through OBS, what are the mb/s at the bottom right hand corner of OBS? You may have the set the limit to like 2200 MB/s and work from there to make the stream better since it maxes out at 3000 mb/s I believe?

here's the link to my obs settings

its in kb/s and it reaches up to 3574 kb/s as what ive seen

mtracy1991

Reputable
So drop the KB/s down to like 2700 and see. I believe the kb/s maxes out I think at 3000 kb/s so try messing around with the transfer rate, as this helped me out with individuals telling me that there were freezes and harsh rendering. Let me know if this works.

Autocon487

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
I'll take a look when I get home and get back to you. I just saw there was an OBS update and haven't touched OBS this morning so I will take a look when I get home.

alright let me know. I just watched some vids of best settings. The only thing I changed was my bitrate up to 5000 because my upload speed is around 36 mbps