[SOLVED] How to make the Ethernet works on window 10 and switch?

Jan 27, 2019
Hi!
So I recently brought an Ethernet for my switch and my laptop (as I'm in an are where the router isn't mine and it requires a certain password)
The wifi is a college wifi that is blocking my switch (but my laptop used to connected to it)
Now the problem is The enterent show up, but it said no interent, despite that my roommate's laptop and my phone has connected to the wifi, and the wifi chip in my laptop is broken.
And another problem is when I connected to my Nintendo Switch, the cord symbol would show up, then disappeared. I don't know why.
The adaptor is Amazon Basic enternet adaptor and the enterent cord is just some Walmart brand.

Yes i have done gone to the network and sharing center and restarting it too, and yet i can't find anything wrong with it.

The switch used to be connected to the phone hotspot, but it's not a very good connection, so I'm trying to use an Ethernet by the cord that is plugged into the ethernet dock in the wall and the adapter.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

" I'm in an are where the router isn't mine and it requires a certain password)"

Whose router is it?

Not sure what you are trying to do but in any case you most likely will need assistance from the person who administers the router.

What switch did you buy? How are you connecting the switch - to what?

More details needed.