How to merge 2 partitions without formating bigger one ?

dsr07mm

Distinguished
So I have one with 50gb space which I made for Windows 10 Insider and I want to remove that one and basically merge it with original 450gb which is full with files and make single 500gb partition which is basically one same hdd.

Is there a way without formating 450gb partition ? I did formated 50gb one.

Solution
You need to delete the 50gb partition, not just format it. From there, in disk management right click the 450gb and click something like "extend partition" and then have it take up the remaining 50gb.

Looby219

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
You need to delete the 50gb partition, not just format it. From there, in disk management right click the 450gb and click something like "extend partition" and then have it take up the remaining 50gb.

Solution

dsr07mm

Distinguished

Well I have everything important like steam games, softwares etc. I have like 280gb free.

No extend option I did deleted it aswel.

Looby219 is correct.

Go to "Computer Management" and once there select "Disk Management". After selecting "Disk Management" you will see a listing of all the available hard drives for your system.

Find that 50 GB partition, right-click on it and select "Delete Volume".

Now, right-click on the 450 GB partition and select "Extend Volume".

That should do it.

Good luck!

EDIT: You posted as I was responding.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

For some reason "extend volume" didnt appear till I didnt restart disk management :) Thanks, works now I did it. Thanks for info but it wouldnt be fair if I dont give credits to Looby219, but thanks for response !

Although in disk management they are still separated and marked as Simple volume

Looby219 deserves it! Glad you got it fixed.