Question How to Migrate Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, but I couldn't find an appropriate section for this thread.

In few words, I've made a website on shopify, but since I don't need to change the info/update it, I don't need it for orders, and the only purpose is as a window of our main products and contacts info, I wanted to literally copy and paste the website on a web hosting provider, cheaper than shopify, like arvixe.

Does it exist a way?

In the same way as the wayback machine ( https://archive.org/web/ ) copies and paste web pages, I would like to copy and paste the entire website.

I already tried HTTrack as website downloader, but there are 2 problems:

1) I don't know how to upload it and make it working on the web hosting provider server.

2) Trying to open the downloaded website from the folder, it looks like the website is from 1994, only text and link without images.

Thanks in advance.

There is more to a web page than what you see in the web browser, there are files and services that run only on the server the site exists for it to work properly. You need a web developer for this or help from the provider you are moving to.

Status
Not open for further replies.