How to migrate Win10 ISO file on DVD to SSD?

helipo

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
The SSD is partitioned, has a drive letter and is switched to GPT as Windows told me to switch to GPT. Now I'm getting to a certain point where I'm told 'Couldn't create new partition or locate existing one'. Or in drivers: 'No signed device drivers were found. Make sure installation media contains correct drivers.' Any browsed drivers listed are not accepted. The Win10 ISO file was downloaded onto a DVD in one piece from Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. HP

helipo

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

You have to burn it. It wont work if you copied the ISO to the dvd as a ISO

Or use rufus and a flash drive

Enable secure boot and UEFI if the BIOS supports it. If youre using 8 / 10 x64.

Then when you get to the setup screen delete the partitions. And install windows

lp231

Splendid
I'm assuming you have already booted up from the disc and managed to create a partition on your SSD. Everything was okay until the drive was converted to GPT? Can't install OS on a GPT disk when your Win10 didn't boot up with GPT support. I doubt your SSD is over 3TB, just reboot the disc, clean the delete the partition, and run it as MBR.

helipo

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

helipo

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I went through the trouble burning a new DVD and it's the same nonsense.

I get to the 'Start up menu' with the following options: Continue startup
System information
Change language
Diagnostics (F2)
Boot menu (F9)
Computer setup (F10)
System recovery (F11)
Network boot (F12)
Utilities
Run UEFI application...
If I press enter on 'continue startup' I get a black screen stating >>Start PXE over IPv4 and nothing happens. When, after a while I press enter I get PXE-E 18: Server response timeout and in the line underneath >>Start PXE over IPv6. Then, when I click enter again I get ERROR: No boot disk......
The SSD is empty with a drive letter. HP