How to mount a 4$ cpu water block with no mounts??

Solution
I would be VERY careful with those blocks.

Listen, you get what you pay for. They are hollow 'boxes' essentially with a very basic maze inside without a pin matrix or fin assembly, so thermal absorption is very basic. They are also made from more than 1 piece and you can easily see this when you look at the seams along the edges. Now, most good blocks are made from multiple pieces, but they're also backed by a lot of R&D and quality assurance testing. For $4, I would be willing to be these have neither.

I wouldn't even go as far to say that's actually a CPU block, but really, anything can be a whatever block. The ports are oriented on the side, which isn't typical of CPU blocks; they have their ports on top to allow easy...
To be brutally honest I CAN think of ways to mount it but I won't pass them on.
This thing is an expensive accident waiting to happen, even good quality parts can fail over time and in many cases a leak is terminal, frequently taking the CPU/MB out and it's not unknown for a severe leak to totally wreck a system, GPU included.
I understand the challenge of a big DIY mod but you're taking too much risk, do yourself a favour; get a better water block and do NOT mix metals in the loop; Either ALL copper/brass or ALL Aluminium this includes the fittings, Google ' galvanic corrosion ' to see why.

USAFRet

Titan

"How?"
I could probably figure it out.

But I wouldn't. Not in any system that I actually wanted to use.

What led you to believe that this was good for your particular application?
Just because a thing exists, does not mean it us usable.
Consider yourself lucky that you only invested $4 in this.

Toss it.

jvinsnes

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018

I know its a bad block, but this is more of an experiment where leak is no problen as i have it all secured with silicon layer or whatever it is called over every component ;)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would be VERY careful with those blocks.

Listen, you get what you pay for. They are hollow 'boxes' essentially with a very basic maze inside without a pin matrix or fin assembly, so thermal absorption is very basic. They are also made from more than 1 piece and you can easily see this when you look at the seams along the edges. Now, most good blocks are made from multiple pieces, but they're also backed by a lot of R&D and quality assurance testing. For $4, I would be willing to be these have neither.

I wouldn't even go as far to say that's actually a CPU block, but really, anything can be a whatever block. The ports are oriented on the side, which isn't typical of CPU blocks; they have their ports on top to allow easy tubing connection. This looks more like a GPU block. And when I'm using the terms 'looks like a XYZ...' its only because they barely resemble what an actual block should look like.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS