[SOLVED] How To Move Windows 10 DVD to a USB Flash Drive Or to Simply Put it On My New PC Without an Optical Drive?

Dec 18, 2020
Multiple questions, all separated by numbers but the background is in #1.
I would greatly appreciate any helpful responses. Thank you!

1) So I recently bought Windows 10 home DVD version for my yet to be built PC (going to be built very soon), but I do not have an optical drive in my new PC. Is there a way to move the Windows 10 home DVD version to a 16 GB flash drive? And if so, will there be any issues about me possibly losing my Windows 10 key?

2) Oh, I forgot to mention that a key is included, and from somewhere else, I heard that the DVD in my package can just be simply ignored and I can just activate it on Microsoft. If this is the case, how?

3) I also heard that the Windows 10 media creation tool was able to simply make a copy of windows 10 home and once it's on a USB flash drive, I apparently install it into my new pc and just use the license key from this package during installation and activation. Does this work? And if so, could you give me the steps where I would input the key? Does the activation process actually work from this media installation and if it doesn't work will it mess anything up for my system's OS? What are the steps that come so I could be prepared?

4) Is there any way I could possibly lose this key or mess it up in some way? I really do not want to have to buy another one.

Apologies for the many questions, I am quite confused. Thank you for your time.

Solution
1) So I recently bought Windows 10 home DVD version for my yet to be built PC (going to be built very soon), but I do not have an optical drive in my new PC. Is there a way to move the Windows 10 home DVD version to a 16 GB flash drive? And if so, will there be any issues about me possibly losing my Windows 10 key?

You have no idea how long that DVD has been sitting on the store shelf. It's probably several major updates old. Best recommendation would be to download the latest Windows 10 ISO direct from Microsoft using their Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. There won't be any issues using your Windows 10 DVD Key.

2) Oh, I forgot to mention that a key is included, and from somewhere else, I heard that the DVD in my...

Wolfshadw

Titan

You have no idea how long that DVD has been sitting on the store shelf. It's probably several major updates old. Best recommendation would be to download the latest Windows 10 ISO direct from Microsoft using their Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. There won't be any issues using your Windows 10 DVD Key.

2) Oh, I forgot to mention that a key is included, and from somewhere else, I heard that the DVD in my package can just be simply ignored and I can just activate it on Microsoft. If this is the case, how?
Using the install method I mentioned above, just enter the key when asked.

3) I also heard that the Windows 10 media creation tool was able to simply make a copy of windows 10 home and once it's on a USB flash drive, I apparently install it into my new pc and just use the license key from this package during installation and activation. Does this work? And if so, could you give me the steps where I would input the key? Does the activation process actually work from this media installation and if it doesn't work will it mess anything up for my system's OS? What are the steps that come so I could be prepared?
See my above comments. It won't mess anything up.

4) Is there any way I could possibly lose this key or mess it up in some way? I really do not want to have to buy another one.
The only issue you may run into depends on where you purchased the key from. If it's from a legitimate reseller, then you should not have any issues at all. If it doesn't work, you CAN run Windows 10 without activation, indefinitely. Aside from customizing the appearance, there are no limitations in functionality.

-Wolf sends

Solution
1) Is there a way to move the Windows 10 home DVD version to a 16 GB flash drive? And if so, will there be any issues about me possibly losing my Windows 10 key?
Use windows media creation tool and create windows installation media on USB flash drive. 8GB flash drive is necessary for this.
Don't loose your key. Write it down somewhere.
What?
Yes. Do that.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
Of course, you can loose it. Write it down somewhere and don't loose it.