[SOLVED] How to open this

Jan 26, 2021
So i just wanted to take the psu out but its wire goes beneath the mobo. Need to unscrew this but the space is too tight what do I do?

Solution
https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...tion/precision-t3500_service manual_en-us.pdf

Page 60 walks you through the process of removing the PSU, so you didn't follow these steps (not sure what cutting would have been required)? In looking at the manual, this looks like a specific type of PSU, so I'm not sure it will work in any normal PC. I would look to buy a new PSU from some like Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA instead of trying to use that PSU in a normal PC.

Lutfij

Titan
There's only so much you can state with text that we need the aid of images to explain what's going on or at the very least to explain what you're seeing. Include an image of what you're working with by hosting your image on Imgur or any other image hosting site. You will also need to mention why you're looking at disassembling the system...?If this is a prebuilt, you might be voiding warranty by tampering with the innards.

Jan 26, 2021
There's only so much you can state with text that we need the aid of images to explain what's going on or at the very least to explain what you're seeing. Include an image of what you're working with by hosting your image on Imgur or any other image hosting site. You will also need to mention why you're looking at disassembling the system...?If this is a prebuilt, you might be voiding warranty by tampering with the innards.
My bad I completely forgot to add a picture since I was so lost while working with it. I still require help i manager to unscrew the psu but its a workstation psu that wont fit in my cpu, do you recommend me to go ahead with it and using it while keeping it loose? Its way tooo big.

Jan 26, 2021
Can you provide further details? What are you trying to take the PSU out of? Normally, no PSU cable goes under the motherboard but may go underneath the motherboard tray on the back side of the case.
It was a dell precision t3500 and its pre built forgot to mention, I cut the wires off after following a video. Now just need to know if a dell 525W workstation PSU is fine enough to use in a normal pc

tecmo34

Administrator
https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...tion/precision-t3500_service manual_en-us.pdf

Page 60 walks you through the process of removing the PSU, so you didn't follow these steps (not sure what cutting would have been required)? In looking at the manual, this looks like a specific type of PSU, so I'm not sure it will work in any normal PC. I would look to buy a new PSU from some like Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA instead of trying to use that PSU in a normal PC.

Solution