How to optimize my Win-7? Please suggest!

oldgeeker

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Recently, my laptop is starting bothering. My friends and online techs strongly recommend that some optimizer software to be installed in my PC.

I'm seeking help here. It seems that this is a professional forum.
Do the optimizers really help? Heard that some even hurt instead of help the system.

Anybody ever tried some nice tools? Suggestions needed!:??:

Plus, any other ways to optimize my device ? I mean, is a software necessary?

Please explain what you mean by "bothering". Is the laptop running slower than it has in the past? There are ways to optimize the computer without using "optimizer software" and what you have read is true. Some optimizers do more harm than good. One thing you can try is this:
1) Click on Start
2) Click on Accessories
3) Click on System Tools
4) Click on Disk Cleanup
5) Click on OK
Disk cleanup will remove temporary Internet files and other unneeded files.
For more tips see these sites:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/optimize-windows-7-for-better-performance
http://www.computingunleashed.com/speed-up-windows-7-ultimate-guide-to.html

oldgeeker

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Thank you kenrivers, my laptop is Dell-Windows7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English.
This is what's bothering now:
Like all new devices, it worked perfect in the beginning. But, it got slower and slower. No appalling problems occurred. But recently the old device responds even slower, like a snail!

Is there something to do with some toolbars I recently installed and then uninstalled after found them bother? Or I often use the DVD-driver these days. I should think hard to recall but not more unusual actions really.

About the optimization software, or registry cleaner, disk cleaner, I really need some help to figure them out which is more helpful.

I followed your instrutions in your reply, could you tell me what's the defference between disk cleanup and disk defragmenter?
Kinda confused.

Thanks for the links. I will read them in detail.

Disk Cleanup removes files like temporary Internet files. Disk Defragmenter is sort of a disk organizer. When you uninstall programs or delete files it frees up the space on the hard drive. Over time the free space becomes quite fragmented and when you create a new file or install a new program it will store it in pieces over the free space. When this happens the hard drive has to work a little harder. Disk Defragmenter consolidates free space but does not delete any files.

Xttony

Distinguished
You can get io bit advanced system care for free. It includes a disk fragmented, disk cleanup, registry cleaner, registry optimizer and some other useful tools.
You slow disk speed can either because of your hard drive failing or is heavily fragmented. So perform a full defragmentation process(not the quick ones). The full defragmentation process can take a while depending on the speed of the hard drive and the level of fragmentation.