radeon hd 5970
4 gb ram
my pc is enough for gaming but when i run any game it gives me
only 10-15 fps gta 4 has only 10fps and so much laggy and call
of duty has only 8fps what can i do for increase its gaming performance

Solution
try some software and tricks
application
advanced system care software download install run scan and in turbo boost menu try the new gaming mode and use asc power mode
some useful tricks
1.go to task manager turn off unnecessary processes
2.go to start>run type msconfig.exe>hit enter
in start up tab disable apps u use frequently
in service tab click the box hide microsoft services and then disable services also
3.defragment your disk regularly
(optional)try ready boost go to the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/readyboost
this will help you

Divakar Choudhary

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
try some software and tricks
application
advanced system care software download install run scan and in turbo boost menu try the new gaming mode and use asc power mode
some useful tricks
1.go to task manager turn off unnecessary processes
2.go to start>run type msconfig.exe>hit enter
in start up tab disable apps u use frequently
in service tab click the box hide microsoft services and then disable services also
3.defragment your disk regularly
(optional)try ready boost go to the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/readyboost
this will help you

Solution

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

Agree... I have a MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo and 965 BE CPU and upgraded to Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 8GB @ 7-9-7-24, running unganged (1T) and slapped a MSI Gaming GTX 760 in as well;made a huge diff in games. I get (no kidding) 55-65 fps on large maps on BF4 with mixed High/Ultra settings and 2X MSAA settings with this setup. The graphics look great and plays smoothly.

Regular maintenance that the others here have suggested is good advice as well...

The 5970 is a dual GPU with performance on par with the 7950 so in games which support crossfire a 7850 or a 650 Ti boost will be a sharp downgrade (my apologies for unselecting your answer)

Adding 4 GB of RAM, monitoring your temperatures, and reinstalling drivers (uninstalling, then using driver sweeper/fusion and then reinstalling) should clear up some problems with games. The 5970 should have no problems with those mentioned games so it'd either be thermal throttling or dodgy drivers

If you truly want an upgrade or have a dying 5970, the GTX 760/7950 (if you can find it cheaper later on) would be the replacement you want or a 280x/770 which would be a small upgrade, with the higher up cards being the 290/290x/780 etc.

seller417

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010

i stand corrected...the 5970 is a pretty good card. I mistakenly saw the 5xxx and assumed outdated. good call