Question How to Overclock DDR5 RAM Ryzen 7000?

IDProG

Distinguished
I have a Ryzen 7600X with ASRock B650E PG ITX Wi-Fi.

I have lots of questions regarding RAM overclocking.

How to overclock RAM manually?
Let's say you do Buildzoid's Easy Memory Timings for Ryzen 7000. Then, you want to go further from there. Do you need to reduce a timing by 1, then stress test the RAM? If so, then that is going to take forever until the tertiary timings get modified.

What is the ideal VSOC? I know it's below 1.3V not only because of the X3D, but also because I really am not comfortable with the CPU temp because of the SOC voltage. Even at 1.25V, I am not comfortable with 56°C CPU temp at idle.

Also, what is the best free RAM stress test software?

Thank you in advance.

Hey there,

Please list your PC specs, so we can judge better. Including case, fans, PSU etc.

Regarding your mem OC. What ram modules do you have? Why do you want to OC?

Are your bios and chipset drivers all up to date? If not, start there before even thinking about OC'ing. We can't tell you the ideal anything, as your chip/PC although maybe some same components won't over clock as well as the next one with the same specs. Silicon Lottery.

You have to test each time you change a setting. Rinse, repeat!

Your idle temps are high-ish. Typically you can expect 10-15c over ambient. If your living in a hot climate, then 54 could be your idle. Doubt it though. Possible CPU cooler isn't sufficient, not in place, or a thermal paste issue. Could also be the case itself. Which one are you running the rig in? If it has poor airflow, this could also be the issue.

You can use Prime 95, AIDA64, Memtest86+, Windows Mem diagnostic to stress your ram. OCCT is another one. Use HWInfo to monitor the system in real time.

IDProG

Distinguished
Regarding your mem OC. What ram modules do you have? Why do you want to OC?
I have a Hynix M-die sticks.
Because lower latencies lead to better performance. It's actually quite significant, around 5-10%.

Your idle temps are high-ish. Typically you can expect 10-15c over ambient. If your living in a hot climate, then 54 could be your idle. Doubt it though. Possible CPU cooler isn't sufficient, not in place, or a thermal paste issue. Could also be the case itself. Which one are you running the rig in? If it has poor airflow, this could also be the issue.
No. It was 100% because of the high 1.25V SOC. The idle temp was around 40-ish degree Celsius with 1.025V (stock) SOC. I have tested it myself.

You can use Prime 95, AIDA64, Memtest86+, Windows Mem diagnostic to stress your ram. OCCT is another one. Use HWInfo to monitor the system in real time.
Ok, thank you for the recommendation.

Because lower latencies lead to better performance. It's actually quite significant, around 5-10%.

I'm very well aware of what reduced latency can mean. What it doesn't mean, is a 5-10% increase in performance in gaming. Maybe in the odd app, but for the most part, Ram speed is more relevant than latency.
No. It was 100% because of the high 1.25V SOC. The idle temp was around 40-ish degree Celsius with 1.025V (stock) SOC. I have tested it myself.
40-ish is still too high.

Listen,

I can, or the community can only help so much. If you aren't/won't be able to provide more detail of your system, and what it is exactly you want to achieve - then there's very little further advice I can give.

Chasing some synthetic bench score is futile, and a waste of your energy.

Just use your stellar CPU, and enjoy some games, if that's you're thing.

TRENDING THREADS