How to overclock Intel Core i7 3770(non K)?

ishraq

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Hello guys
I want to overclock my cpu..
My Specs are:
Intel Core i7 3770
12 GB DD3 RAM
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Gigabyte B75-D3H

And I also wanted to know should I Go for a z77 motherboard?? And which should I choose for a budget???
If I buy a z77 then how can I oc it??
Thanks!!

Solution
"non k" processors can be oc d a little bit do it in bios, just go there and its self explanatory...

By raising the BCLK a overclock can still be made, but it will affect the whole system, including SATA and can create write/read corruption/errors.

BCLK x Multiplier = Clock speed. You should not have to touch volts or anything like that.

If its there than you should just be able to load the XMP profile for your ram from the bios and it will be set to the correct speed.

Also note theres no point disable Intel SpeedStep to make my CPU run at maximum speed.

Z77 Motherboard is only for K series unlocked processors. With yours no point.

You really should have gotten a K series and z77 if you wanted to overclock.

Best options:

imomun

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
"non k" processors can be oc d a little bit do it in bios, just go there and its self explanatory...

By raising the BCLK a overclock can still be made, but it will affect the whole system, including SATA and can create write/read corruption/errors.

BCLK x Multiplier = Clock speed. You should not have to touch volts or anything like that.

If its there than you should just be able to load the XMP profile for your ram from the bios and it will be set to the correct speed.

Also note theres no point disable Intel SpeedStep to make my CPU run at maximum speed.

Z77 Motherboard is only for K series unlocked processors. With yours no point.

You really should have gotten a K series and z77 if you wanted to overclock.

Best options:

1. Sell this CPU and mobo and picking up a K series cpu with z77 board. You probably will not lose much money at this point, since it is so new, and then at least you can overclock properly.

2. My advice that CPU is already fast and turbo takes it too 3.9GHZ with 4 cores 8 threads so enjoy it as it is.
Overclocking wont give you a significant performance increase.

Hope this helps

Solution

ishraq

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
I have been Able to raise it to 4.02 Ghz By raising the BCLK to 106.00 ....
Do you Think That Its Unsafe For Me to increase The BCLK???
My cpu ratio wont go above 37...Why is that???
I heard it should be able to reach 43..Is it because of the mobo???
Also how do you load a XMP profile?
And Thanks for the quick Reply :)

imomun

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

You got a mlti locked cpu that's why its not going up like 42 45 etc

If your @ 106 BCLK and doing fine with no crash/pc restart than obviously its doing fine

Now how long that pc will last I don't think anyone can answer that as any overclocking ofcourse stress the components.

No aslong you don't overdo it and endup damaging, also keep monitoring temp shouldn't go above 85c during stress test.

Run prime 95 linx to check stability.

Every mobo and cpu has its own limit so yes some can give you little more, some less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lQjIEeXFE

http://www.corsair.com/blog/how-to-enable-xmp-performance-profiles/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU23J8OqhBY

Im off now lol

Hope this helps

Enjoy.

stuartiannaylor68

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Bit of a necro but just to share as didn't know this was possible.
Asus P8Z77-LX V
Noticed the OC tuner and settings where available which was a surprise and thought ok give it a go with this non K 3770.
The OC tuner provided 4.224 Ghz on all cores.
Benched it just to test and yep works great

that computer guy

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
my 3770 has an unlocked multiplier on the gigabyte z77x-up7, can go up to 4.3 without touching the BCLK

was running a 3770k but it died and had to replace and found out that the 3770 that i was using has an unlocked multiplier. idk if it was the motherboard or if it was the cpu

TRENDING THREADS