[SOLVED] How to overclock the 2600 to 4ghz and run my cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 at 3000mhz on a b450 tomahawk?

Solution
I see he left Turbo (core performance boost) enabled. I usually disable it and leave all the cores at the best OC I can get. But just going for a 4GHz OC it is fine to leave turbo enable (auto). Turbo may even take some cores higher if the headroom is there. Btw, your RAM should hit 3000 MHz automatically if that is one of the XMP profiles you select. So yes, following those mild OC instructions should be fine.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
I presume you are running only 2 sticks of RAM? Have you updated your BIOS to the latest available?
Are you using XMP or A-XMP profiles in BIOS.
I haven't put together the pc yet, I'm waiting for the tomahawk and an am4 bracket kit to arrive. And yes I bought two sticks of ram. Not sure what xmp or a-xmp is. The ram model I bought is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Oops! So you did. My bad for being in a hurry.
That PSU and motherboard are both suitable for OC'ing. Have you tried increasing the multi yet? Or does that board's BIOS/UEFI offer typing in the desired clockspeed directly?
I have not put together the pc yet. I'm waiting for the tomahawk to arrive and the am4 bracket kit. I've watched a video and they say that to overclock the 2600 to 4ghz, just put the cpu ratio to 40.00 and the voltage to 1.3v and you are fine. I know every chip overclock differently but still they say that this is a very stable and sure overclock. Here is the video:
View: https://youtu.be/mLG8U0vejfE?list=WL

Skip to 21:50 to see what I'm talking about. Also, should I use the same ram settings as in the video for my ram? My ram is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I see he left Turbo (core performance boost) enabled. I usually disable it and leave all the cores at the best OC I can get. But just going for a 4GHz OC it is fine to leave turbo enable (auto). Turbo may even take some cores higher if the headroom is there. Btw, your RAM should hit 3000 MHz automatically if that is one of the XMP profiles you select. So yes, following those mild OC instructions should be fine.

Solution

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Ok thanks for the help!