[SOLVED] How to paint a monitor

Hi,so i have a benq g2400wa which has white bezels,on the back its black.I have spray painted some psu cables and fans before,and by that logic all u need to do is to cover up the display and ur all good to go,right?
I want to spray paint it black since its the only white thing in my setup.
Thoughts?
I can send u a picture of the monitor if u want

Solution
cover up the display and ur all good to go,right?
Cover up and spray paint away

If I were you, I'd just pick up a monitor that has a black bezel and leave the white monitor alone. There have been a lot of tech savvy folks out there who can't get a white monitor or want one for a white only build.

Lutfij

Titan

If I were you, I'd just pick up a monitor that has a black bezel and leave the white monitor alone. There have been a lot of tech savvy folks out there who can't get a white monitor or want one for a white only build.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,so i have a benq g2400wa which has white bezels,on the back its black.I have spray painted some psu cables and fans before,and by that logic all u need to do is to cover up the display and ur all good to go,right?
I want to spray paint it black since its the only white thing in my setup.
Thoughts?
I can send u a picture of the monitor if u want
Any vent holes? You don't want paint getting inside.

sadly,i cant,i dont have the money for it.Saving up for a ryzen combo.

Rather than completely coating the screen with masking tape, it might be better to use a sheet of plastic (or maybe something like cardboard) cut a little smaller than the screen, with masking tape only used to seal around the edges. That way, there's less chance of potentially leaving glue residue on the screen, and it would also require much less tape.

And of course, a better option might be to dismantle the monitor and paint the bezel on it's own before reassembly, as that should eliminate the possibility of getting paint anywhere you don't want it. There is of course a greater chance of damaging its internals though, and you might want to look up how to dismantle that specific model of monitor if you go that route, since some monitors may not disassemble easily.

Rather than completely coating the screen with masking tape, it might be better to use a sheet of plastic (or maybe something like cardboard) cut a little smaller than the screen, with masking tape only used to seal around the edges. That way, there's less chance of potentially leaving glue residue on the screen, and it would also require much less tape.

And of course, a better option might be to dismantle the monitor and paint the bezel on it's own before reassembly, as that should eliminate the possibility of getting paint anywhere you don't want it. There is of course a greater chance of damaging its internals though, and you might want to look up how to dismantle that specific model of monitor if you go that route, since some monitors may not disassemble easily.
I could find a disassembly quide anywhere,plus i wouldnt trust myself with doing that,since i dont want to get back to my old 18inch monitor if something goes wrong.I will see if i got any plastic or cardboard liying around in my house.Thanks for the help,much appreciated

I could find a disassembly quide anywhere...
Yeah, right after posting that, I decided to do a few quick searches to see if anything came up for teardowns of that monitor, but I didn't find anything either. It's possible that teardowns of similar models might exist, but like you say, there is a greater possibility of damaging something compared to just masking things off.