[SOLVED] How to partition SSD and HDD during win 10 install?

Jan 4, 2019
Hello guys! Ive just bought a new ssd. Im currently installing win 10. I deleted everything from the old hdd. I have a problem during the partition setup part of the installation. There is my HDD and there is my SSD. Which one should be primary and which one should be system. There is a button: 'new' there. Which of the 2 drives should i use this button with?
I tried installing it 3 times. 2 times succesfuly installed it on ssd, but when windows starts, it wont show the hdd.

Solution
I would remove the HDD, delete all partitions if any on the SSD, and install Windows.
Then plug in HDD after
Otherwise WIndows might split some stuff onto the HDD causing issues down the road.
Jan 4, 2019
I managed to do it without removing the HDD. I have an Asus gl753VE laptop. I installed windows on the SSD. And somehow managed to find the HDD at the disk manager. I had to restart it

primary is the C drive.
which is where you put the OS so that would be your SSD.

after you have the OS installed on that it should automatically make any other connected drives drive d, e, f, etc.

if it shows up in file explorer alls good.

if not then you have to do a tiny bit of work.

right click the start menu and select disk management
In there you should see the new drive which is unallocated- click it to initialize and format.
ready to use

Sorry, but there is a reason why everyone said to unplug the HDD. There is a good chance now that if you ever remote that drive, windows will be rendered bootless. Fixable by people who know how to fix it, but most people can't.

Just saying.

This, sometimes Windows will install the bootloader onto the HDD and your system is rendered useless if the HDD fails or is removed.

USAFRet

Titan

Yep.
I've seen about half dozen people in the last few days with exactly that.

USAFRet

Titan

Please show us a screencap of your current Disk Management window.
You may have gotten lucky, but maybe not.