[SOLVED] How to permanently fix Event 455, ESENT error? floating mouse issue

May 17, 2020
Hi, I posted this thread at Microsoft Support; https://answers.microsoft.com/nb-no/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-permanently-fix-event-455-esent-error-in/c799a4f2-9fc3-4087-9873-c638fd3a952c?tm=1589397251584 - but haven't gotten any official response yet.

Simplified my issue is this:

1. I play a game, i get in some heated moment in the game and excessively click left mouse button > mouse ''zones out'', becomes floaty and less responsive. Feels like im dragging it slightly.
  2. It's been happening ALOT in the last weeks, before this it could take several months inbetween. I haven't installed anything new, but when it happened i checked timestamp in Event viewer and there was an Event 455 ESENT error at the time when mouse became unresponsive.
  3. So far i've been able to reset pc to a previous date, which fixed the mouse for atleast 1-2 days, until it happens again. Now i somehow lost the restore date i've been using, so don't have any options i know of left.
  4. How do i fix this? Like i said in the thread i've created the TileDataLayer folder after reset, but it still happens. It has to be a hardware issue right?
Thanks in advance!

edit: currently replaced TileDataLayer folder with an empty one, and it temporarily fixed it. i'm guessing it will happen again in a couple days, like previously. i'll update thread

update: without fail it happened again. did full fix with replacing folder after system restore, but it still happens. i'm at a loss now at what to do.. atm it's very frequent; 30 min into game mouse becomes less responsive - i do quick fix with folder, it's fixed for 20 mins or less, happens again.. etc

SPECS:
  • Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W PSU
  • Intel Core i7-8700K Prosessor
  • MSI Z370 Gaming Plus, Socket-1151
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC
  • Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD
  • CRYORIG H7 CPU Cooler
  • Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse

Last edited:
Solution
have you got latest version of G Hub installed?

it seems odd that replacing a start menu folder fixes it.

have you tried a clean boot to see if its maybe a startup program causing it?
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you got latest version of G Hub installed?

it seems odd that replacing a start menu folder fixes it.

have you tried a clean boot to see if its maybe a startup program causing it?
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution
May 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply.

I've been using the older version of logitech gaming software, but since i've had the same issue even without using the software, and through a fresh reformat i figured it wasn't that. but it might be.. i installed the newest version now, and it's been consistent for atleast 2 days, but it's still dragging abit. not sure why.

If the issue is how windows 10 interacts with the older software, there might be a way to fix that without having to settle with the new one where it feels somewhat floaty. I'll try and figure out a way to fix the interaction with windows and the software, if not i'll try ur other suggestions.

Thanks!