Question How to permanently hide the filmstrip in the Microsft Photos Legacy App ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I've recently solved an issue I had with my default Photos app on Windows 11 not loading full screen by reverting to the Microsft Photos Legacy App. That works like a charm, and I'm able to open everything properly now. But there is one small annoyance I'd like to fix.

I know you can hide the filmstrip at the bottom by pressing L (or disabling it in the right-click menu in that instance). But it's not a permanent change. It keeps coming back. I've Googled this, and it seems to be an inherent quirk in the Legacy app that others also face.

Was wondering if a fix/workaround was ever found for this for among Windows 10 users, or perhaps some kind of registry tweak I could do?

Ralston18

Titan
What sequence of key presses and mouse moves do you use to load Microsoft Photos Legacy App?

Consider creating macro that will apply the necessary key presses including pressing the L.

FYI:

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-keyboard-macros/

Maybe press the L as the last step.

Create the macro and then run it via a shortcut icon.

= = = =

Registry edits are a last resort and should only be attempted after a full system backup including a backup of the Registry itself.

The Registry edit may cause future problems during some install, reinstall, update, or upgrade.

You control the macro.