Question How to persist RGB Fan Controller Mode between Boots ?

Jul 4, 2024
I have a Rise Mode fan controller + ARGB fans kit and every time I turn on PC or Wake it up from Sleep mode I have to manually press the OFF button on remote or PC case led button to turn lights off as every time I turn on PC the RGB will automatically go to (On) mode, I wish my controller could persist its mode so I wouldn't have to change it every time I turn on PC.

I have an MSI B550M MOBO and it's compatible with the controller, through its software (Mystic Light) I can change RGB mode to whatever I want including "OFF" mode, the problem is that even though the controller has 3 modes (On, Off and controlled-by-MOBO Mode), when I turn on PC it will always go to (On) mode, and the minimum lightness on (On) mode is 20%, I wish I could set it to persist to either (Off) or (controlled-by-mobo mode).

The weird thing is, the very first milliseconds after I turn on PC or wake it up, I can see its mode set to "controlled-by-mobo", then it quickly switches back to (On), but that lasts less than half a second, you can barely see it.

I searched it everywhere, tried ChatGPT and couldn't find an answer for it.

I tried:

- Updating MOBO Bios
- setting Mystic Light to overwrite any 3rd party RGB Software even though I don't have any other than Mystic light
- Turning off LED_SW1 on mobo but that just stops me from being able to control RGB on mystic light.
- Checking if my Controller has non-volatile memory to store settings. (couldn`t find it)
- Checking Manual (my Controller and fans came with case so I didn't receive a manual but on Rise Mode website I could find manual version for the kit 3fans+controller which is the same as mine but there's no valuable info there.

image.png

There's nothing in there other than remote controller buttons functions and how to install the RGB controller, mine is perfectly installed and working already.

I wish I could simply have my RGB turned off all time without having to press "OFF" on remote every time, my fans have only one connector each so I can't simply unplug them either.

I never use forums but I had to create an account here to see if someone can help me, I'd be glad if someone could enlighten me on that.

Thank you =)

a Rise Mode fan controller + ARGB fans kit
every time I turn on PC or Wake it up from Sleep mode I have to manually press the OFF button on remote
unless this hub has some sort of onboard memory set to store LED profiles there is no way to save existing setup.
even if it does, it may just auto-reset to a certain built-in profile by default anyway.

you could get a higher quality LED hub, like a Corsair Commander, that will allow software control of all connected devices and does allow saving and initiating certain profiles upon wake and/or boot.

if the hub is connected to a motherboard LED header you could also try disabling LEDs in the BIOS.

I wish I could simply have my RGB turned off all time without having to press "OFF" on remote every time
just unplug their aRGB cables then and they will remain off indefinitely.

I have a Rise Mode fan controller + ARGB fans kit
if these are true aRGB fans then they use one cable(3pin aRGB) that leads to an aRGB LED header
and one cable(3pin DC or 4pin PWM) that leads to a fan power header.

it's possible this is some sort of proprietary hub that is only designed for these particular fans and that it offers both through a proprietary connection.
but i don't usually see them on the market.