Question How to pick or change which one of my two gpu's is the main graphics adapter on a ASRock b450 mobo?

Jan 29, 2024
I didn't find a way in the latest bios version. This causes problems to me with softwares and games prioritizing the wrong gpu's monitors and I can't reverse the settings. I want to use two gpu's for a multimonitor setup not crossfire/sli.

I tried with two amd ones and then amd &nvidia. On both tries clean installed correct drivers first, but still games wont launch on the gpu that I want them on, also obs prefers the wrong one and causes a black screen when trying to screen capture. This problem isn't on the games' settings end and onboard iGPU is disabled for sure.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Why, might I ask, are you trying to run multiple GPU in your system?

Jan 29, 2024
Hi, I like to run two gpu's so I can have my 3 monitor setup with good gaming performance on one of them. Also my CPU doesn't have intergrated graphics. There appears to be no chipset configuration in my bios and it won't let me flash another versions, because of some fTMP & bitlocker problems, both of which I deactivated and made no difference.

my parts:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0 (P5.60 Bios)
Ram: G.Skill 2x 16gb Ripjaws V, DDR4
SSD/HDD: Kingston HDD
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8g gb & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 3gb
PSU: Be Quiet! 850W (Bought new last year)
Chassis: Fractal Design (?)
Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL LCD 144hz

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Have you tried adjusting Settings > System > Display > Multiple displays > make this my main display?

Windows shouldn’t care which slot each GPU is in once it’s set up (AFAIK).

Edit: if you’re using dual GPU just to use the 760 as nvenc encoder for streaming then you can just run displays off RX580 and only draw on 760 for encode. I’ve done a similar setup in the past.