[SOLVED] How to place gt 9600 to secondary monitor and gt 440 to primary?

Aug 20, 2021
Hello, I want to ask, I want to set my main monitor to boot from the gt440 and the second one from the gt9600, I just want to play dying light, but I can't because my card does not support dx11 and the gt 440 cannot turn on the 2nd monitor but the DVI \ VGA slots are working I do not know why

Solution
As you have DX12 and thus Windows 10, just go into Display Settings under Multiple Displays, select the monitor you want and "make this my main display" to put the primary display and taskbar on the GT440

OTOH if you want to actually see the POST messages on the GT440 then you might have to physically swap the locations of the cards on the motherboard.

Fermi does have DX12 drivers but only feature level 11_0 (nVidia claimed 11_1 at one time but it is not compliant). GT9600 was Tesla which is only DX10

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
As you have DX12 and thus Windows 10, just go into Display Settings under Multiple Displays, select the monitor you want and "make this my main display" to put the primary display and taskbar on the GT440

OTOH if you want to actually see the POST messages on the GT440 then you might have to physically swap the locations of the cards on the motherboard.

Fermi does have DX12 drivers but only feature level 11_0 (nVidia claimed 11_1 at one time but it is not compliant). GT9600 was Tesla which is only DX10

Solution