Question how to play a way out on 2 pc 1acc

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Not that I am aware of. I know you have to have two instances of the game which would assume two separate accounts when using Steam.

This would assume you mean playing both instances at the same time. You can always use a Steam account on pretty much any device you log on and download required files.

Lutfij

Titan
That would only lead to people cheating their way to achievements, if you were to do 1 title with 1 account but on two different systems. As said above, you're going to need another account and physically have that title in question in the library of the other account, no going around it.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Not that I am aware of. I know you have to have two instances of the game which would assume two separate accounts when using Steam.

This would assume you mean playing both instances at the same time. You can always use a Steam account on pretty much any device you log on and download required files.
i want to play a way out but dont have a game. os idk if my friend can share a game whit me so i can play

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
That would only lead to people cheating their way to achievements, if you were to do 1 title with 1 account but on two different systems. As said above, you're going to need another account and physically have that title in question in the library of the other account, no going around it.
i want to play a way out but dont have a game. os idk if my friend can share a game whit me so i can play

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yes you can "share" a game but you can not both play it at the same time.

you can set it up under the family tab in steam settings. you have your own steam account but it gets linked to your friend's account and you can access whatever he has in the library. basically you can share everything in the library on separate pc's. you just can't play the same game at the same time. you each get your own achievements and such so it all stays separate.

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
yes you can "share" a game but you can not both play it at the same time.

you can set it up under the family tab in steam settings. you have your own steam account but it gets linked to your friend's account and you can access whatever he has in the library. basically you can share everything in the library on separate pc's. you just can't play the same game at the same time. you each get your own achievements and such so it all stays separate.
tnx man
what if 2st frend shere a game ?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i do not know the limits of the family share feature. my account is shared with 2 of the kids so you can at least do that many. you'll have to look into that piece for limits on how many can share. :)

but again keep in mind that only one person can play a game at one time. so you're not going to play multiplayer together off of one single library. so long as you understand that, then you can piggy back off each other.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
i do not know the limits of the family share feature. my account is shared with 2 of the kids so you can at least do that many. you'll have to look into that piece for limits on how many can share. :)

but again keep in mind that only one person can play a game at one time. so you're not going to play multiplayer together off of one single library. so long as you understand that, then you can piggy back off each other.
what about a way out ?
you can't play the same game, it doesn't matter if it's co op or mp?

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022

(can im play ) how to play a way out with one copy

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can't have multiple people play the game at the same time with one owned copy. it does not work that way.

sorry but there is no way to do what you are asking. 1 person can play it at a time, if you want to play together then you need more than one owned copy of the game.

yes if your friend is playing and you try to start the game from the same account, it will not let you. it will tell you to wait until it is not being played. no way around it.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
you can't have multiple people play the game at the same time with one owned copy. it does not work that way.

sorry but there is no way to do what you are asking. 1 person can play it at a time, if you want to play together then you need more than one owned copy of the game.

yes if your friend is playing and you try to start the game from the same account, it will not let you. it will tell you to wait until it is not being played. no way around it.
<Redacted>

tnx for help man

Jan 1, 2023
The game you mentioned is A Way Out which can be played coop. You can play together via parsec or steam remote play but requires a controller.

for steam remote play just go on the game then press tab+shift where you will see 'Invite' or something like that. Press Create invite then send the link to your friend (which has a steam account ) and play together.

<Link redacted by Moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
The game you mentioned is A Way Out which can be played coop. You can play together via parsec or steam remote play but requires a controller.

for steam remote play just go on the game then press tab+shift where you will see 'Invite' or something like that. Press Create invite then send the link to your friend (which has a steam account ) and play together.

<Link redacted by Moderator>
One game purchase, one player at a time.