how to prevent the ''recovery file'' from being deleted?

MarcusCody

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
how to prevent the recovery file of my previous windows (windows8.1) from being automatic delete after 30days by MS on window 10? I heard just change the name of some folder , is that true?

Windows.old is here , i just need to rename the file ? are there any other folder require to change?
OMIrxHa.png

Solution

On the bad side, you only have 30 days to decide. On the bright side, you will not want to go back. And staying with 8 is not really feasable since MS will nag you to death to upgrade to any, and the system will have limited time support according to their new policy.
Don't worry. W10 is better than 8.

MarcusCody

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Maybe i want to return to windows 8.1 from window 10 , i just need to backup the recovery file of windows 8.1

And what's the way to prevent MS automatically from being delete? Example ,If i change the file name of ''Windows.old'' to ''ABC-Windows.old'' The MS will automatically delete it ?

On the bad side, you only have 30 days to decide. On the bright side, you will not want to go back. And staying with 8 is not really feasable since MS will nag you to death to upgrade to any, and the system will have limited time support according to their new policy.
Don't worry. W10 is better than 8.

Solution

MarcusCody

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

Thanks for that recommendation, but win 10 is kinda buggy

As with all windows installations the rule of thumb is: do a fresh install. Upgrading an os is never a good idea. All us geeks know that. You can use your 8 key on 10. use the media creqation tool from ms and make a usb drive.