Question How to properly limit cpu usage in power options ?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
My laptop use ryzen 5 3500h cpu, and i want to limit the cpu to reduce temp because its reach 80-88c and sometimes 90c when gaming.
I look at the power options you able to limit the cpu state maximum and minimum.
Let's say i want to limit my cpu usage to 80% only. What percentage should i put in maximum and minimum state ?

Xyziddh.png

My laptop use ryzen 5 3500h cpu, and i want to limit the cpu to reduce temp because its reach 80-88c and sometimes 90c when gaming.
I look at the power options you able to limit the cpu state maximum and minimum.
Let's say i want to limit my cpu usage to 80% only. What percentage should i put in maximum and minimum state ?

Xyziddh.png
Keep minimum to those 5% and set maximum to whatever gives you satisfactory performance without heating too much.
Do you know you can have multiple Power saving plans and you can instantly switch to any of them ?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Keep minimum to those 5% and set maximum to whatever gives you satisfactory performance without heating too much.
Do you know you can have multiple Power saving plans and you can instantly switch to any of them ?

Hey Mike, So i have to change plugged in from 100% to 5% in minimum state and change maximum state to whatever i want, correct ?

yes i do know how to make another power plan.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Yes, that should work, just check if performance and temperatures are satisfactory. If youhave to change something, change only maximums.

The temperature lower drastically from 80c to 60c after i set to 80% because its only use 1,7ghz and also games run little bit stutter.
Is there a way to limit the ghz instead the cpu state, so i can limit it to 3ghz only because in full load my cpu reach 3,7ghz ?

TRENDING THREADS