How to put 1060 in OEM desktop?

Jan 9, 2019
My computer has no 6 pin connectors coming from the power supply because it’s an OEM power supply. I am using a gtx 1050 ti right now bc it needs no 6 pin connector. I want to upgrade so could I buy a separate PSU to accommodate the 6 pin. So like run one psu on the system and the other for the graphics card?

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from brysenmckinney : "How can I power a 1060 with an OEM computer?"

What system do you actually own? If it's a full size or mid tower, you might be able to change the power supply for a better one. If it's a small form factor, you might not be able to though.
While technically possible to run 2 psu’s it raises several issues and unless you know exactly what you are doing you could kill your whole pc.

You should upgrade the psu to one capable of handling the new setup. However we need to know exactly what system you have. Unfortunately some OEM systems use non standard fittings making upgrades difficult.

Jan 9, 2019
Well it is an lga 1155 mother board from hp and it has a 240 watt OEM psu with no extra 6 pin connectors. I wanted to keep the same PSU because I cannot upgrade it so I was thinking maybe use another PSU to power the 1060 with a 6 pin connector?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from brysenmckinney : "How can I power a 1060 with an OEM computer?"

What system do you actually own? If it's a full size or mid tower, you might be able to change the power supply for a better one. If it's a small form factor, you might not be able to though.

Solution
Jan 9, 2019

it is a SFF and the PSU is 240 watt and Connor be changed out so I wanted to buy an extra PSU just to plug the 6 pin connector into the GPU.