[SOLVED] How to quit Windows Mail?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, under Windows 10, there is a Mail app. I entered my email address and password once. I get lots of notifications since then. I want to logout but I cannot find it. Could you please let me know how to quit Mail?

Solution
Hi, under Windows 10, there is a Mail app. I entered my email address and password once. I get lots of notifications since then. I want to logout but I cannot find it. Could you please let me know how to quit Mail?
You could just turn off email notifications in Windows 10 Mail app,

Open the Mail app.
Click the Settings icon, located in the lower left-hand corner of the window,
Select Notifications.
Choose the account you want to disable notifications and on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen click the checkbox next to Show a notification banner.
or
You could slide the toggle next to Show notifications in the Action Center.
Open the Windows Settings app.
Go to System.
In the left-hand panel, click on...

Open the Mail app.
Select Notifications.
Choose the account you want to disable notifications and on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen click the checkbox next to Show a notification banner.
or
Go to System.
In the left-hand panel, click on Notifications and actions.
Scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.
Slide the toggle next to Mail and Calendar into the Off position.

Reactions: modeonoff
Solution

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017

Open the Mail app.
Select Notifications.
or
Go to System.
In the left-hand panel, click on Notifications and actions.
Scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.
Slide the toggle next to Mail and Calendar into the Off position.

Thank you. I turned off notification. Now when I clicked the letter icon at the bottom task bar, mails that I received are still there. Is there a safe way to delete those without deleting them from the server?

Thank you. I turned off notification. Now when I clicked the letter icon at the bottom task bar, mails that I received are still there. Is there a safe way to delete those without deleting them from the server?
It will depends on your email configuration.
If you're using a POP3 account, messages from the mail server are downloaded to your email client and deleting emails on Windows 10 Mail should not delete mail on your server.

If you're using a IMAP that syncs your email client with the server, messages deleted from Windows 10 Mail, will be deleted from the server.
You could configure your mail to server to keep emails even if deleted from the mail client (Windows 10 Mail).

An easy way to test this your settings is by sending a test email and deleting it. See if it gets deleted on the mail server.

Reactions: modeonoff