Question How to raise the taskbar height to add a second row ?

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
hi all.

I have an Acer Aspire A717-72G laptop running Windows 11.

I had been using Explorer Patcher to get the old taskbar and functions,. but the latest Windows update does not let me use that anymore so I uninstalled explorer patcher. But now I have a taskbar that is only one level and I want to raise it up to 2 levels but cannot figure out how to do it.

There used to also be a registry edit to lock and unlock the taskbar but even that does not work so how do i get a second level taskbar again? I tried searching in here but all i found was someone saying to use explorer patcher which no longer works. help! . thanks in advance.

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
See if this helps. Please be sure to backup your data in case things go sideways and you need to perform a system restore or a reinstall of your OS.
it sounded good but then it says to change the ICON size.. i dont want that. i want 2 different levels .. i dont combine my browser windows. i have them open up. and sometimes i need 2 levels. so this edit wont work for what i want. i may just go back to windows 10.. the only reason i went to 11 was because of explorer patcher but now that doesnt work and having a single line for a taskbar. just doesnt work at all. also on the right side of the bar i could have all the notification icons on the right displayed. now i dont have that with only 1 line..