[SOLVED] how to receive alert of price drop under xyz for a specific component?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi im looking for a site that kind of runs everyday through the major sellers to find the best price for a ssd.

id like to tell a site if this item drops to qqq dollar send me an email.

i did it for amazon .ca but there are other sites .

does this service exists?

tx

Solution
PCPartPicker compiles almost every retailer that is selling a certain component, sorts them from lowest to highest selling price, and offers price drop emails.

Go there and make an account, then go through the following:

• Follow this link to the Price Drops page
  • Click the blue "Sign up for price drops via email" button on the upper left
  • Select the "Storage" option and any other options you'd like to receive

This will send you emails for all storage device options though, not just a specific one. The only retailer I know that offers price drop notifications on specific items is Newegg (there might be other's I haven't heard of though).

• Check if...
PCPartPicker compiles almost every retailer that is selling a certain component, sorts them from lowest to highest selling price, and offers price drop emails.

Go there and make an account, then go through the following:

• Follow this link to the Price Drops page
  • Click the blue "Sign up for price drops via email" button on the upper left
  • Select the "Storage" option and any other options you'd like to receive

This will send you emails for all storage device options though, not just a specific one. The only retailer I know that offers price drop notifications on specific items is Newegg (there might be other's I haven't heard of though).

• Check if the SSD is sold through their website. If so:
  • Create a Newegg account if you don't have one already
  • Go to the product's page
  • On the right side of the page, under the orange "Add To Cart" button, select "Price Alert"
  • Fill out your preferences

Hope this helps!

Solution

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
yeag but it only is good for newegg. i wont be allerted if another distributer drops below the price i want... do you know other ways to be signaled when a precise product reaches a xyz price or below?

it seems i dont receive notification for this topic, how to tell tomsh to send me an email for this topic?

I'm not seeing any similar options on the rest of the retailer sites that sell that SSD. Outside of installing massively sketchy and invasive discount tracking browser apps, your best bet is most likely to check PCPartPicker every day and see if one of the retailers dropped the price. Looking at that drives 3 month history, it seems to drop down to around 90 pretty frequently, I'm predicting that it'll happen again in a few days.

As for Tom's Hardware emails, click your username on the top right, and select Preferences on the drop-down menu. The email options are right underneath the timezone setting.

Lots of times, sales are completely random throughout the year. The holidays are just when everything goes on sale at once.

However, after a little more digging, I found that PCPartPicker might in fact have the exact feature you're looking for. Here's what I found:

• Go to this link and click on the checkmark box to the left of the 860 Evo
  • Click "Set Price Alert" which can be found on the right side, next to the search box and the blue "Add from selection" box (which will say "Add from filter" before you checkmark the box)
  • Set your price, and hit "Set"

I haven't tested this myself, but ideally it should do exactly what you want. It collects price data from everything you've selected, so make sure that only the box for the 860 Evo is checked.

TRENDING THREADS