[SOLVED] How to recover deleted volume (HFS+ Partition) in Windows/DMDE?

Jan 27, 2021
Hello!

I have an early 2013 macbook pro, with 256ssd, and I'm running windows through an external drive too. I accidentaly clicked in "Delete Volume" of my macbook's main partition in windows disk manager.

The partition was in HFS+ because of macOS, so I'm using DMDE to recover the files. DMDE is showing the partition as found and unallocated. Just opening the volume seems to show me all my files so I copied everything to the external drive, got a little naming problem with some "/" but it's ok.

I had 220gb used in the 256gb drive, DMDE is showing me 199gb of recovered files. I've looked in the folders and all my important files seems to be there, should I run a Full Scan?

My main question: Can I get the partition working again without having to install the OS and everything again? if I right click the partition and choose "Insert the Partition (Undelete)" will it work?

Here's a picture of my partitions screen: View: https://imgur.com/BmXVqWG

and my disk manager screen: View: https://imgur.com/zd1VAxD

Jan 27, 2021
I think Inserting the partition should be OK, but I'm wondering why there is such a large gap between the last sector (488 240 167) of the missing partition and the first sector of the "Recovery HD" partition (488 965 176).

Thanks for the answer! I'm wondering that too, but I've never partitioned this SSD, it already came like that I believe.

About the full scan, do you think it's necessary if something goes wrong? and if necessary, should I run it clicking full scan in the Disk 0 line, or the "unallocated" line or "Macintosh found" line?

Jan 27, 2021
I would think that a full scan of the "unallocated" area would include the gap.

My only worry is that TRIM may have erased your data, so I would quickly save whatever data can be seen by the OS after the partition is reinstated.

I've clicked in "Undelete" in the Macintosh partition, then it showed anoter unallocated partition with the remaining gap. I did the full scan in this new unallocated part and this is the screen I got.

There's anything more I can do? With the Macintosh partition mounted again, should I restart the computer and try to boot with macOS?

FhiXmNz.jpg

J3zHOUh.jpg