[SOLVED] How to reduce GPU noise?

Oct 17, 2020
My computer gets a bit loud when playing graphically intense games. I'm fairly certain it's my GPU fan that is getting a bit noisy. I've tried giving as good of a cleaning as compressed air can get as well as installed a couple more case fans but it still seems like it gets too loud. I checked and the temp only gets to about 60-65C (if that helps.) What can I do to reduce the overall noise?

Specs:

Solution
I tried using this as well as SpeedFan for adjusting all the fan speeds. The GPU fan is still rather loud though and now the temperatures are hotter. I'll continue to try different fan curves for everything, but any other recommendations for a noisy GPU fan?
Well....anytime you slow the fan you are going to run hotter.
Although being you were running low...you had room to go up a bit.
I have 3 GPUS that all go up to 82C with no issues so most likely you can go up to at least 82C.
If the bearings of the fan are noisy you can replace the fan....but if it's just the air rush noise...replacing it won't help you.
Oct 17, 2020
I tried using this as well as SpeedFan for adjusting all the fan speeds. The GPU fan is still rather loud though and now the temperatures are hotter. I'll continue to try different fan curves for everything, but any other recommendations for a noisy GPU fan?

Well....anytime you slow the fan you are going to run hotter.
Although being you were running low...you had room to go up a bit.
I have 3 GPUS that all go up to 82C with no issues so most likely you can go up to at least 82C.
If the bearings of the fan are noisy you can replace the fan....but if it's just the air rush noise...replacing it won't help you.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution